How long to update new AACS? (Annihilation)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Idaho121

How long to update new AACS? (Annihilation)

Post by Idaho121 »

Trying to rip Annihilation and getting an issue because it has a new AACS version. No idea how long this update usually takes - any thoughts?
Woodstock

Re: How long to update new AACS? (Annihilation)

Post by Woodstock »

Bluray or UHD?

What AACS version?

Did you submit the dump file MakeMKV generated to svq@makemkv.com so that it can be analyzed?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Idaho121

Post by Idaho121 »

Blu-ray.

Not sure, and I'm at work now.

I didn't mail in, but there was a link that popped up in the report and I clicked there; took me to a site here that said the information was submitted. Should I also mail it in?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If you clicked the link, it should be in Mike's hands already. The file is also saved in your MakeMKV data directory, in case you don't click.

Mike usually has something up within a couple of weeks, at most. Some times it's only a day or two; Version 65 of AACS came out just as he was getting ready to release an update to the UHD functionality.
latenitec1

Post by latenitec1 »

Just downloaded version 1.12.2 (notes says it supports aacs v65) can't read Annihilation BluRay. No Log files, Possible bluray drive problem?
Jens.white

Post by Jens.white »

Are there any solutions?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If there are NO log entries about the disk (assuming you've turned debug logging on, see FAQ in my signature), it is possible that the operating system is preventing MakeMKV from seeing the disk. That is unusual.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Working fine for me.

Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Yeah no issues with Annihilation. And it's a badass movie to boot! In my opinion of course.
blk182atn7

Post by blk182atn7 »

Mine seems to err out even with v1.12.2 any work arounds?
Source: BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.00

Seems like it starts fine then 20min in it stops and says failed.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

blk182atn7 wrote:Mine seems to err out even with v1.12.2 any work arounds?
Source: BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP50NB40 1.00

Seems like it starts fine then 20min in it stops and says failed.
OK I'll bite: what else does it say in the log?
Clean disc thoroughly with LCD screen cleaning solution and microfiber towel moving from center to outside and never in a concentric circle.
Repeat backup.
If failure occurs again, repeat cleaning.
If this cycle of madness happens 5 or more times, set disc aside, or break it, or use it as a frisbee, and try another.

Ignore misleading log messages which refer to failing drives. I'm going to take an educated guess that no one here is as dumb as I am to have cycled easily 100 drives through their computer and after an extremely steep learning curve can confidently blame the disc every single time*
*I have no experience with that particular drive though. I have lots of experience with makemkv log errors haunting my dreams, yet still love the software more than my wife.
blk182atn7

Post by blk182atn7 »

I have cleaned the disk several times, I was able to make "a Quiet Place" just before it.

Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
File 00800.mpls was added as title #0
Title #00020.mpls has length of 92 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
File 00250.m2ts was added as title #1
Title #00000.m2ts has length of 0 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #01007.m2ts has length of 14 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #01008.m2ts has length of 14 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #01009.m2ts has length of 14 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #01010.m2ts has length of 45 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #01011.m2ts has length of 45 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00051.m2ts has length of 11 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00053.m2ts has length of 11 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
File 01065.m2ts was added as title #2
File 01066.m2ts was added as title #3
File 01067.m2ts was added as title #4
File 01068.m2ts was added as title #5
File 01069.m2ts was added as title #6
Title #00021.m2ts has length of 46 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00022.m2ts has length of 46 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Operation successfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory /Users/admin/Movies/Annihilation
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00800.m2ts' at offset '14865334272'
Error 'Posix error - Input/output error' occurred while reading '/dev/rdisk2' at offset '14865334272'
Failed to save title 0 to file /Users/admin/Movies/Annihilation/Annihilation_t00.mkv
Encountered 17 errors of type 'Read Error' - see /errors/read/
0 titles saved, 1 failed
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00800.m2ts' at offset '14865334272'
There is still an error on the disk, even after cleaning. I would get the disk replaced.
crhrwc

Post by crhrwc »

I have a aacs v68 disc "Red Dwarf Series 1 - 8 Boxset BD". Any timeline when v68 support will be released?
Fedora Linux.
What's a "Windows?"
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Well, the topic you posted to was from July, and several AACS-related updates have been made.

v68 hit the streets just recently. Have you submitted the MKB file that was generated during the rip to support@makemkv.com so that Mike can analyze it?