playback issue

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
immortal.axay

playback issue

Post by immortal.axay »

Hi,

I have ripped following movies using MakeMKV 1.12.2 and external ASUS BW-16D1H-U.

They are playing with blur video.
Same issue was faced with IT, GIFTED, The Mummy 2017 using MakeMKV 1.12.0 and ASUS BW-16D1H-U (http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17436)

What should I do to solve it ?
Need to update FW of external ASUS BW-16D1H-U (installed A201)?
makemkv.png
makemkv.png (2.15 MiB) Viewed 7502 times
Woodstock

Re: playback issue

Post by Woodstock »

The problem is not likely to be with MakeMKV - MakeMKV would usually delete the file if it couldn't read it properly (matching the hash codes included on the disk).

What are you using to play the files? Are they on a local hard drive, network drive (wired), or wireless network?

Video tearing like this is often the result of the video decoder not being able to keep up with the file's data rate, either because it is just slow, or the file isn't been read fast enough.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
immortal.axay

Post by immortal.axay »

Thanks for reply.

Woodstock wrote:
What are you using to play the files? Are they on a local hard drive, network drive (wired), or wireless network?
I am using KODI player. Movies are sorted on NAS device. Both device PC and NAS are on wired network (1Gbps).
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Do the errors always occur at the same point? And if you copy the movie to the machine running Kodi, does the local copy have the same error in the same place?

There are a lot of points for this problem to pop up; eliminating each one helps point to the fix.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging