ASUS BW-16D1H, lots of chat on this but very little help!

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
eric.barns

ASUS BW-16D1H, lots of chat on this but very little help!

Post by eric.barns »

Hi

ASUS BW-16D1H is 3.03 and so i have tried every way explained in so many threads it hard to know who has been successful or is still confused and frustrated.

So i tried the Dosflasher, the Dosflasher_Win, Devil Crawl and Data mover too (not their real names) both in Win7 and in Dos, i changed my setting to ATA no Sata not AHCI, but there is no IDE setting for me or CMS as i am on a DELL workstation T5500. I made bootable pen drive and ran them from that, but without portio.sys loaded cant set a port for the read (button still grey-out), so i tried so many disparate theories and process here, that i have been up since 10pm yesterday (its 10am now). Whats more ironically i am a web developer with some knowledge of Win IT, but certainly following instructions is part and parcel of my work as i write them for computers to follow, software such as this BB (of course mistakes are made but quickly corrected)

So 2nd Attempt of asking for help on this Forum, full of people who have succeeded without sharing in-detail their approach but more importantly their material, such as .bin files, tools that actually work, the gotchas' about drivers and/or dll required or best settings to use/ not use.

If and when i get this working downgrading to version 3.01 or 3.00 for above BD player / writer, even tried to get help from Asus (for an earlier .bin and tools) but they require that i register the device, but when i typed in the serial reported MakeMKV tool, is was reported by Asus as incorrect (another thing to chase up).

So not sure if this monitored by MakeMKV or volunteer expert moderators, but all the links to zippy or other dodge download service requiring to download unwanted apps which have viruses, it would be good to have these basic tools and .bin files in the helpful tutorials.

I only bought the drive as it was recommended by MakeMKV users and it seem some pips were having some success, but when i digged deeper, most of them has already the right version on their drive and were having software issues MakeMKV or keys.

I wonder if some one could be so kind to attached a reply the tools and firmware, that will work in Dell T5500 under Win7 or Dos and instructions that work, then i can make a video for youtube explaining it in details, step by step, with gotcha and ways around them, for the community share is successful experiences.

I am hoping MakeMKV is as good as pips say it, cant wait to try it

Cheers
Eric
BlueMac77

Re: ASUS BW-16D1H, lots of chat on this but very little help

Post by BlueMac77 »

Hi Eric.barns. There’s a thread by TeddyRaspin who was kind enough to share some detailed tips on downgrading the firmware in UHD Friendly drives here https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopi ... 16&t=17058 There’s also an important note by Mike, to be very careful in performing the firmware downgrade. Or another option, find another forum member who has experienced downgrading the firmware and just inquire his services.
st4evr

Re: ASUS BW-16D1H, lots of chat on this but very little help

Post by st4evr »

You are obviously having difficulties understanding the process. Reaching out to Asus is a total noob move as that will be the last resource that will allow you to downgrade to a firmware version they themselves have blocked due to the known loophole for decrypting UHD BDs.

You may be better off doing this:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17829