Star Trek TOS Bluray

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Roscoe

Star Trek TOS Bluray

Post by Roscoe »

Disclaimer: I haven't used MakeMKV in a couple of years so I could just be mucking tis up myself, but...I just bought the BLuray version of Star Trek the Original Series and started with disk one. Loaded it up and got a page full of errors that in short said it couldn't read the disk (keys, etc...). Just me or is it the disk?
yorgo

Re: Star Trek TOS Bluray

Post by yorgo »

Take a look here; if you're seeing errors like the ones listed, more than likely it's the disc, could be the drive.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15055
maciac

Post by maciac »

I purchased these discs a couple years ago and ripped them to MKV with no problem. I encoded them with H.264. Now that I can play H.265 I wanted to MKV them again. All titles gave errors and I could not create MKV files.

I found an older version of MakeMKV on a backup drive (I have a Mac) and I used this version, 1.10.3, with an older LG blu ray drive (HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H2DL YL03) and I am now ripping to MKV.

There must be something in the new releases of MakeMKV that causes the errors reading these discs.

I tried this old drive with the new MakeMKV and all titles fail so it must be the new versions of MakeMKV.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV