ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Roscoe62

ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02

Post by Roscoe62 »

Hi,

I purchased the above 'friendly' drive a while back. I did a first test using on of my 4K discs. Drive refused to read. I then followed TeddyRaspin's procedures to 'downgrade' the firmware to a 4K friendly version. It was a bit hairy, but I got there OK. I tried ripping a couple of my 4K discs, and it worked just fine.

However a week ago I tried to rip another disc and this time the rip finished but there was an error log at the bottom of the MakeMKV screen with a hyperlink to the MakeMKV website for more information. The issue detail was about hash check errors and it implied that getting this error usually meant a failing Blu-Ray drive. I tried it again with a different disk today - same issue.

So, have I purchased my drive, flashed it only to have it work on 2 disks before it's finally died? Any thoughts? Let me know if there's more information I can provide.

Thanks
st4evr

Re: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02

Post by st4evr »

1. Yes, the error log. If the error is super long, then preferrably the file attached to your post. As always simply saying “it doesn’t work” does not help us help you. Technical details are helpful and more often than not necessary in this support format. (E.g. MakeMKV version being used, discs it’s failing on, etc)

2. Read this:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17872

What happens when you use a previous version? Or are you already on a previous version?
Roscoe62

Re: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02

Post by Roscoe62 »

Wow! thanks for that link - I didn't even know there were any problems with 1.12.3 (which is what I'm using by the way).

I guess I could try going back to 1.12.2 to see what happens. If I encounter the same issues, I'll go back to 1.12.3 and post the error log.

Thanks!
Billycar11

Re: ASUS BW 16D1HT 3 02

Post by Billycar11 »

WarnerAdero wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:13 pm
Hi, I got a Corsair X64 drive, im getting a new board ASUS M4A89GTD PRO USB3 and wanting to know what Achi driver to use, for trim ?

THanks
what you are in the wrong place lol but trim should work aslong as you have achi mode on in bios
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com