UHD support

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
smartieyoung

Re: UHD support

Post by smartieyoung »

:wink: just curious does anyone have a good way to watch their rips make mkv makes on a windows 10 pc?.
I have read the UHD FAQ and thats pretty much given me a good place to start.just wanted some feedback guys throw it on me! :lol:
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

archer

Post by archer »

smartieyoung wrote::wink: just curious does anyone have a good way to watch their rips make mkv makes on a windows 10 pc?.
I have read the UHD FAQ and thats pretty much given me a good place to start.just wanted some feedback guys throw it on me! :lol:
Would be happy to help. Are you asking what application to playback the MKV's or how to rip them as well?
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

i was just wondering how to get the rips i do have on my computer to play with a non hdr monitor plus not kaby lake complaint.Basically just a standard Acer Aspire desktop from late 2016-2017 model year .I think my computer has like an Intel i5 CPU. It works fine for regular movies that I rip with my UHD friendly drive I just havent tried running a full UHD rip on it yet.any advice would be appreciated
BlueMac77

Post by BlueMac77 »

smartieyoung wrote:i was just wondering how to get the rips i do have on my computer to play with a non hdr monitor plus not kaby lake complaint.Basically just a standard Acer Aspire desktop from late 2016-2017 model year .I think my computer has like an Intel i5 CPU. It works fine for regular movies that I rip with my UHD friendly drive I just havent tried running a full UHD rip on it yet.any advice would be appreciated
There’s a UHD thread topic in UHD Discs FAW that mentioned about playing UHD movies in non-HDR supported monitors or non-HDR TV. The colours may appear Flat and washed out as HDR discs have different wider colour gamut than regular blu-rays. https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopi ... 12&t=16883
winbox

Post by winbox »

I've moved on recently to attempting to rip my UHD collection (ripped all my standard blu-ray's on this setup, no problems, no failed discs).

I downloaded the keys_hashed.txt and moved it into the ~/.MakeMKV folder (which for me in my preferences, is the data directory) - it recognises the disc (lablel, size, verison, etc..) but when trying to open it I end up with;

Code: Select all

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..0020..0FF to device 'SG:dev_21:2'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..002000800 to device 'SG:dev_21:2'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SG:dev_21:2'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
It almost seems like it's not redaing the keys_hashed file? Is there something I've missed (I checked the file and the few discs I tried are in there - match the label exactly).

Drive: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N
MakeMKV: v1.12.3

Any ideas? much appreciated!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Yep, your drive is an official UHD drive. These do not work with MakeMKV. To use MakeMKV you need a UHD Friendly Drive. There are a few models that are UHD Friendly, but the most common drives are:

LG WH16NS40(internal, SVC code: NS50)
LG BH16NS40(internal, SVC code: NS50)
ASUS BW-16D1HT(internal, manufactured 2015+)
LG BH16NS55(internal)

Your BU40N will only work with DeUHD.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

winbox wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:19 pm
I've moved on recently to attempting to rip my UHD collection (ripped all my standard blu-ray's on this setup, no problems, no failed discs).

I downloaded the keys_hashed.txt and moved it into the ~/.MakeMKV folder (which for me in my preferences, is the data directory) - it recognises the disc (lablel, size, verison, etc..) but when trying to open it I end up with;

Code: Select all

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..0020..0FF to device 'SG:dev_21:2'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..002000800 to device 'SG:dev_21:2'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SG:dev_21:2'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
It almost seems like it's not redaing the keys_hashed file? Is there something I've missed (I checked the file and the few discs I tried are in there - match the label exactly).

Drive: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N
MakeMKV: v1.12.3

Any ideas? much appreciated!
Already discussed in several threads/posts including this thread page:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16832&p=63922&hili ... min#p63922

Do as the poster above advises.
mikeypine

Post by mikeypine »

Hey guys,

I have an LG BH16NS55 which seems to be on the UHD friendly drive list, yay and it seems to have firmware 1.02 so out of all luck I seem to have the right configuiration to be able to rip UHD discs, of which I actually bought one the other day to see if I can rip it because we are thinking of getting a UHD TV soon.

So in Windows the drive shows up and I can see thte contents of the disc, when I press the go button on MakeMKV it reports backs evaluation period has expired, so do I actually need to have a legit copy of the software to rip UHD, happy to pay for it if I do but want to be sure that is the issue. I put the kegs file in my data directory as set in the preferences.

cheers
Michael
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

mikeypine wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:04 am
Hey guys,

I have an LG BH16NS55 which seems to be on the UHD friendly drive list, yay and it seems to have firmware 1.02 so out of all luck I seem to have the right configuiration to be able to rip UHD discs, of which I actually bought one the other day to see if I can rip it because we are thinking of getting a UHD TV soon.

So in Windows the drive shows up and I can see thte contents of the disc, when I press the go button on MakeMKV it reports backs evaluation period has expired, so do I actually need to have a legit copy of the software to rip UHD, happy to pay for it if I do but want to be sure that is the issue. I put the kegs file in my data directory as set in the preferences.

cheers
Michael
Try the beta key (link in my sig). Help > Register & paste key.

But...if you like MakeMKV, please consider buying a license. :)
mikeypine

Post by mikeypine »

d00zah wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:21 am
Try the beta key (link in my sig). Help > Register & paste key.

But...if you like MakeMKV, please consider buying a license. :)
I have other software that I have used but it obviously doesn't do UHD, so just trying it out, the key file worked and it is currently ripping. I have no issue paying for a license if it all works, no issues at all, I am generally pretty supportive of software like this, I know how much time and effort would go into it.

Thanks for the help.
Fortissimo

Post by Fortissimo »

Can someone please tell me where the aacs dump file is located on my hard drive?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Fortissimo wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:38 am
Can someone please tell me where the aacs dump file is located on my hard drive?
In the path displayed in MakeMKV preferences > General > MakeMKV data directory
samadams

Post by samadams »

Hi absolutely noob here.
I watched one of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owhuBrGIOsE to see how to rip UHD. And I got couple of question.
1: Before I start ripping where should I put Hashed key TXT file ? Also for particular movie that text key file with so many movies will work or I will need individual key in that folder in order to read disk.
2 : after 1 month trial will this program totally shutdown for UHD? Can I participate in beta now or its too late.

Thanks a lot fellas.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

samadams wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:38 pm
Hi absolutely noob here.
I watched one of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owhuBrGIOsE to see how to rip UHD. And I got couple of question.
1: Before I start ripping where should I put Hashed key TXT file ? Also for particular movie that text key file with so many movies will work or I will need individual key in that folder in order to read disk.
Answered in the post immediately above yours. As of v1.12.3, the key will be automatically retrieved IF available & internet access is allowed (although there are some known issues viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17872).
samadams wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:38 pm
2 : after 1 month trial will this program totally shutdown for UHD? Can I participate in beta now or its too late.
Use the beta key linked in my sig (or purchase a license to avoid the x-day gap waiting for the bi-monthly replacement).