A Prayer Before Dawn playlist obfuscation

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Fortissimo

A Prayer Before Dawn playlist obfuscation

Post by Fortissimo »

Anyone know the correct playlist for this Blu-Ray?
st4evr

Re: A Prayer Before Dawn playlist obfuscation

Post by st4evr »

Read this:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18103

The information there may be helpful in determining playlists for various discs.
Fortissimo

Post by Fortissimo »

I already have Java installed (main title is not identified for this movie because it's too new), it is not a Disney movie (Disney does the 800 and 801 playlist thing), and I'm not interested in buying yet another piece of software when MakeMKV is already working perfectly 99% of the time. A Prayer Before Dawn is brand new, so it makes sense that this movie isn't supported quite yet by MakeMKV. I'm running MakeMKV version 1.12.2 because 1.12.3 contains some pretty serious bugs.

There are Those Who Know How To Find The Correct Playlist, and Those Who Don't. I wanted to become one of the former by following the steps in a few other posts that describe how to do the detailed detective work to find which playlist is actually playing during playback, but it involved having to purchase PowerDVD. I already own it, but I own an older version that will no longer work - hard to stomach having to purchase it again. So, at least for now, I'm at the mercy of everyone else who does the groundwork.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

Fortissimo wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:14 pm
and I'm not interested in buying yet another piece of software
From the linked post:

"The free trial will allow you to identify and browse playlists for supported BDs/UHD BDs fairly easily."

Maybe I should clear this up further. I originally used wrong wording. The free version of CloneBD will allow the browsing/viewing of playlists. Meaning, downloading the application and without paying a single dime it can probably find the playlists for you.

The payed version only unlocks extra features. Finding/browsing/viewing playlists is part of the free version.
Fortissimo

Post by Fortissimo »

Ok, I have a free trial, and I think (?) it is playlist #484. I had to disable BitDefender because it was identifying AnyDVD (which is apparently needed in order to use CloneBD) as a virus.

Just curious... what about after the 21-day free trial expires and this situation happens again?

And not that anyone knows the answer to this question, but I'm dying to know why I'm the only person on planet Earth who has posted anything about playlist obfuscation for a movie that came out in 2017 that has a Rotten Tomatoes approval rating of 91%...
flintstone198

Post by flintstone198 »

Title information
Name: A Prayer Before Dawn
Source file name: 00484.mpls
Duration: 1:57:09
Chapters count: 16
Size: 33.9 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 511,508,506,513,510,502,509,504,515,505,507,512,514,503,501
rogodeter

Post by rogodeter »

Tried this disc on three drives. It's not an issue with Makemkv, even my OS (Linux) won't register that the disc is inserted. I know looks can be deceiving but visually the disc looks damn near perfect.

I tried it on the following drives

BDR-XD05 - Pioneer USB External slim
BDR-209M - Pioneer USB External
WH16NS40 - LG Internal (2 drives of same type I've tried)

Is it most likely the disc? Or is there something I can do to try to get Linux to mount it?