Old Version message

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Jacqui-D

Old Version message

Post by Jacqui-D »

Hi
This morning I keep getting an error message when I try to log in to my app.

**This application version is too old. Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com/ or enter a registration key to continue using the current version***

I have tried downloading as suggested and I have looked for an option for a registration key, but can't find one.
I really need this app to work as I am trying to copy my dvd's in preparation for moving home.

I'm using Win 10 (the app worked fine through the week, there have been no updates to the OS this week)

Thanks very much
Woodstock

Re: Old Version message

Post by Woodstock »

You need to install the current "Beta key", which is always found in the topic, MakeMKV is free while in beta in the announcements section. 1.12.3 has been out long enough now that the key included in the download has expired.

Applying it can be tricky when you need it, because the program checks the key on start-up; You have to set your system DATE (don't worry about the time) back to a point where the version was current. In the case of 1.12.2, that would be in July, so setting the system date to July 15 2018 would work. Version 1.12.3 was released in July to replace 1.12.2 (but it has problems), so setting a date in August or early September would work for it.

Start MakeMKV, then go to Help->Register, and put the current beta key in. After that, you can set the system date back to current.

To BUY a permanent key, that link is under Help->Purchase in the program, or https://makemkv.com/buy/ if you don't want to fire the program up first.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mata_oso

Post by mata_oso »

Thanks i will try that.
My1xT

Post by My1xT »

Woodstock wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:29 pm
Applying it can be tricky when you need it, because the program checks the key on start-up; You have to set your system DATE (don't worry about the time) back to a point where the version was current.
at least for me (windows) it was no big deal. when I had the message, it had an okay and a register button, I just clicked register, entered the key and that's it. no date settings needed.