Default naming in version 1.14.0

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
mreedelp2

Default naming in version 1.14.0

Post by mreedelp2 »

Just loaded version 1.14.0 and am running in expert mode. What do I need to put in the Advanced tab Output file name template to get underscores back in the output name. For example, just burned Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. The provided name came out as Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom_t00.mkv. Previously, the name would have come out as Jurassic_World_Fallen_Kingdom_t00.mkv. How do I get it back to this format?

I have always edited the name to remove the _t00, _t01, etc. Since I don't like filenames with spaces, now I have to put the underscores back in for the spaces which is a lot more work. I'm sure others will want to know this also.
bingobill

Re: Default naming in version 1.14.0

Post by bingobill »

Under Advanced settings there is a new parameter 'Output file name template'

The default parameter is '{NAME1}{-:CMNT1}{-:DT}{title:+DFLT}{_t:N2}'

so this will need changing, i'm sure someone will be along soon and tell us what it needs changing to. :)
spl147

Post by spl147 »

remove the {_t:N2} to get rid of the _txx
mreedelp2

Post by mreedelp2 »

I do a lot of TV shows and the _t## comes in very handy. For example, I use the season/disk as the name and the title track as the identifier (S1D1_t00.mkv, S1D1_t01.mkv, etc.). That gives me a chance to come back as another disk is ripping and identify which track is which episode and then rename accordingly (usually done thru a batch file). Then, if the episodes don't rip in order (e.g., Friends), I create a listing that I can use if I ever need to re-rip.

I just like having the underscore instead of spaces in a filename consisting of multiple words.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

What is funny is that, after YEARS of requests for, "Can we get rid of the underscores, PLEASE?!?" messages, now that they're gone by default, we get a, "Can we get the underscores back, PLEASE?!?" message...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:11 am
What is funny is that, after YEARS of requests for, "Can we get rid of the underscores, PLEASE?!?" messages, now that they're gone by default, we get a, "Can we get the underscores back, PLEASE?!?" message...
EXACTLY my thought upon seeing this request. :)
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

spl147

Post by spl147 »

mike admin wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:08 pm
Please see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18313
thanks Mike!

one thing i noticed, is no matter how i set the template. a : in the title name is always changed to a -
IE: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter becomes Resident Evil- The Final Chapter

is it possible to just have it removed all together?

IE: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter would become Resident Evil The Final Chapter
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

spl147 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:48 pm
mike admin wrote:
one thing i noticed, is no matter how i set the template. a : in the title name is always changed to a -
Yes, the ':' must be replaced as it is a bad character for file name. Removing it seemed wrong, the most close replacement was "-". The other option is to replace with one of the Unicode charters like '᛬' or ''܃ or '։' .

Right now it always replaced with '-' and it is not configurable. Suggestions are welcome.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

mike admin wrote:
spl147 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:48 pm
mike admin wrote:
Yes, the ':' must be replaced as it is a bad character for file name. Removing it seemed wrong, the most close replacement was "-". The other option is to replace with one of the Unicode charters like '᛬' or ''܃ or '։' .

Right now it always replaced with '-' and it is not configurable. Suggestions are welcome.
Configurable to be removed all together

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro
mreedelp2

Post by mreedelp2 »

mike admin wrote:
Yes, thanks. I was probably too hasty starting this thread as I apparently got the update shortly after you uploaded it and before you had a chance to post how the parameters work.

Made the change and it works like a charm!
ScottFiore

Post by ScottFiore »

mreedelp2 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:46 am
Just loaded version 1.14.0 and am running in expert mode. What do I need to put in the Advanced tab Output file name template to get underscores back in the output name. The provided name came out as Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom_t00.mkv. Previously, the name would have come out as Jurassic_World_Fallen_Kingdom_t00.mkv. How do I get it back to this format?
remove the {_t:N2} to get rid of the _txx :wink: