Rambo: First Blood problem.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Trasper

Rambo: First Blood problem.

Post by Trasper »

Rambo: First Blood doesn't work.

I checked the latest Hashed keys list, and I couldn't find it there. Just Rambo II.

Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't find the link tu submit AACS Hash files, is it gone?
st4evr

Re: Rambo: First Blood problem.

Post by st4evr »

In addition READ this:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17861

More than one version/variation of this disc is already supported in the MakeMKV keys online database. This has been confirmed.
Trasper

Post by Trasper »

Thanx

Yeah, I know it automatically download hashed keys, but the supported disc list doesn't update itself?

The hashed keys list we used to download from this link http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 4106947706 is the same list as the now automatically download one?

I still can't find Rambo/First Blood on that list. Maybe it' just my old eyes....

And when trying the disc, I get this message: No volume key found.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

'keys_hashed.txt' doesn't update itself & requires Mike to manually update (& user to download), so the online keystore might well offer more than the currently available download. If 'No volume key found', per the FAQ:

How do I discover the key for a disc I have?

Right now there is no public way to do this, however: MakeMKV produces a dump file whenever you try to open a disc for which the key is unknown. If you send these dumps to svq@makemkv.com, the disc will be supported in a future hashed keys update.

If there's no key yet, is there a way to still "test" a disc to make sure the disc is good?

You can use MakeMKV's Backup function to copy the entire undecrypted disc to your hard drive, and then later, once a key is known, you can use MakeMKV to open the disc backup off your hard drive. When you start MakeMKV, don't open the disc - just push the Backup button, an icon with a green arrow pointing into a yellow folder, second-from-left in the top row of icons. (And make sure to send the AACS dump to svq@makemkv.com so that support for your disc can be added!)
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

1. By “update itself” if you mean to say it sends the dump automatically for you for your unsupported discs for future support, then no the app does NOT take this action. At no point has Mike mentioned (or anyone else for that matter) that it sends dumps automatically for you. We all still need to send the dumps to Mike for unsupported discs as instructed in the FAQ posted by d00zah. You may simply have a variation of this title that has not been submitted for support as it so often happens. So, submit the required dump for review/support.

However, that feature will look for updates/new keys when you try to read a new disc on your drive with MakeMKV that it currently does not support. But if it still does not find a match through the list retrieved with that automated process it will return the error you experienced.

2. The manually downloaded list is NOT the same that is downloaded as part of the automated process at all times. They are NOT in sync at all times.
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

Hi I'm having problems with Rambo first blood mine is the uk version. It says volume key unknown which I understand. Well that's my knowledge over.
It says to send a dump file to svq@makemkv,all well and good so far. I then have no idea to 1. Find the dump file 2. How to send aforementioned to svq etc . This may seem easy when you understand what your doing. Please can someone explain how to do this thanks in anticipation.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Dumps are generated in the 'MakeMKV data directory' (path shown on the General tab under Preferences). Just email the dump as an attachment.
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

Sorry didn't make a lot of sense to me I'm 69 and just coming to stuff like this. I found the first part preferences etc but how to send e mail and find the file to send please let me know in kiddie steps from start to finish how to send dump file I'm losing the will to live thanks
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

charlie62 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:48 pm
Sorry didn't make a lot of sense to me I'm 69 and just coming to stuff like this. I found the first part preferences etc but how to send e mail and find the file to send please let me know in kiddie steps from start to finish how to send dump file I'm losing the will to live thanks
You are going to have to do some reading/learning on your end, as at this point if you do not know what Email is or how to use it you need to start from scratch and learn what it is and how it functions. It's nearly impossible for us to do this part for you through an online forum. Specially on a forum that relates specifically to the support of the MakeMKV application and not general technology/internet basics. You're gonna have to get your hands dirty.

Start here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is ... e&ie=UTF-8

AND HERE:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GC ... z40KTDB1Zg

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GC ... WcLZ_2H1eA

Hundreds of resources and literal step-by-step guides and videos already exist on this matter as shown in that second and third link using Gmail which is one of the many free options currently available for sending emails worldwide.

Learning to use Google.com for searching AND learning basics like this one (not necessarily only technology topics, but for nearly an endless variety of things and subjects) is a valuable tool/knowledge.
Last edited by st4evr on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 10 times in total.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Thanks, Steve. Tactful & succinct. I was struggling...
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

I do know what an e Mail is Thanks
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

Anyone got this to work yet maybe a bit quick to expect it to be done. I have put a dump file in but I was wondering will it take longer because mine is a UK release.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

charlie62 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:02 pm
Anyone got this to work yet maybe a bit quick to expect it to be done. I have put a dump file in but I was wondering will it take longer because mine is a UK release.
Support (regardless of BD Region) often takes 24-48 hours from submission. If Mike is busy, it can take longer, but he is usually diligent about it.
Trasper

Post by Trasper »

I've problems with all Rambo UHD movies.

Getting this message: "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted".

Submitted dumps a few days ago, so I guess the issue will be solved soon.