Coco UHD??

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
recordplay

Coco UHD??

Post by recordplay »

Is anybody else had as many problems with this disk as I have? I don't know its cursed or what lol. I just simply can not get this movie to rip all the way thru. I have replaced the disc twice already and at first I could barely get my drive to recognize the disc. Now I can get to read it, but each time I try to rip it slows down half way and pretty much stops. One time, I had it ripping super fast at 24 MB/s now it is ripping it at 8.5 MB/s. I'm at a loss at the point. :| I just cannot figure this out. I don't have this problem on no other movie expect this one so it can't be my drive and I've replaced the movie twice. I am running the latest MakeMKV version 1.14.1 and my drive is ASUS BW-16D1HT on firmware 3.00.
jmonier

Re: Coco UHD??

Post by jmonier »

FWIW I just tried this disc (again) with a drive that's essentially the same as yours and had NO problems. The only thing that I can think of is that there is some defect in your particular drive, but who knows? (Or maybe there's a bad batch of discs out there???) Good luck.
recordplay

Post by recordplay »

jmonier wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:56 pm
FWIW I just tried this disc (again) with a drive that's essentially the same as yours and had NO problems. The only thing that I can think of is that there is some defect in your particular drive, but who knows? (Or maybe there's a bad batch of discs out there???) Good luck.
WOW thats crazy! I really think its cursed. I have exchanged the disc twice and I keep constantly having the same problems. I thought it was my drive to at first but it rips everything else fine so :| I am going keep trying but It very inconsistent. One time, it will read the disc and go fast then stop reading, then another time, it won't even read the disc at all. I DONT KNOW. I am so frustrated with this.
recordplay

Post by recordplay »

Still having issues with this disc. Rips and reads fine but for some reason it slows all the way down towards the midway point. anyone with any idea why or solutions?