Deadpool 2 Super Duper Cut

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
olevelo

Deadpool 2 Super Duper Cut

Post by olevelo »

I just crossflashed my LG 16NS40 to the Asus 3.02 firmware (which was hair-raising due to multiple freezes in Windows 7!), but it seems to be working ok. When I load the standard Deadpool 2 UHD MakeMKV reads it fine. However when I load the Super Duper Cut (which is the one I want to rip), it says "The volume key is unknown for this disc" and can't continue. I read multiple successes of ripping this version (or so I thought). I tried manually downloading the hash keys file and putting that in my data directory (although I don't think I need to with the latest version right?), but that didn't help. I have no other way of watching my UHD discs than ripping them so I need help! DVDFab says "this disc isn't supported yet".
st4evr

Re: Deadpool 2 Super Duper Cut

Post by st4evr »

Discussed in multiple threads already. Example:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... isc#p68338

Search function also works:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/search.ph ... +this+disc
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

I don't see how that's helpful. I did search and I found multiple posts about Deadpool 2 working. None of these threads talk about that.
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

OK, so after reading through as much of those links as I could, it looks like this disc has a new key from previous presses. I submitted the dump to the svq@makemkv.com.

I still assert that your response was not very helpful, as I did search and it wasn't obvious that any of those things were related, since I also searched and found successful rips of the same disc. You could have just said "it probably has a new key so you need to submit the dump to the support email, as seen in the FAQ here: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=16883". A random list of links is not terribly useful to me or anyone else who comes across this.
TT99C5

Post by TT99C5 »

For those that stumble across this, it appears to be rippable now as I just ripped it tonight without issue.

*edit* Apparently not. It ripped fine, but I went to watch the movie and in the first 25 minutes ran across two sections of about 3-4 minutes each where I lose all picture except a small less than 1/4 screen box in the upper left and get a grey screen everywhere else. Audio is fine, and it's absolutely repeatable and consistent. Curious what this might be caused by (disc, drive, something else......).
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

I actually came to report that it's rippable now as well. I never got a response from Mike but just checked anyway and it's ripping now. I'll report back later tonight whether I have any issues with the rip. What were the timestamps where you see the problem, and what were you using to watch? I'm not looking to watch the whole movie just yet, but will see if there's issues.
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

Rip looks good. I skipped around the whole movie and fast forwarded through the beginning, and didn't see any problems. Tried with MPC-HC, VLC and Media Player and all were good. Will transfer to my Shield later. Sounds like you may have gotten a bad disc.
cabwiz

Post by cabwiz »

Hi folks, I need to resurrect this thread due to an issue I am having ripping the Super Duper Cut. It appears to rip just fine, no errors, and mkv indicates the file was saved successfully. However the issue is with playback. I am using a NAS for playback on a 4k monitor thru a firestick. Chapter 4 video does not work. Either the frame freezes at the end of chapter 3 and audio continues or I get a green screen with continuing audio. I thought it might be the disc even though it appeared to rip ok, so I opened another brand new disc and the exact same thing is happening. Anyone know what this issue might be or how to fix it? Thanks! (I think on the very first occasion I tried ripping, there may have been some error related BDjava, but haven't seen that since)
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If you play it back on a computer, does it still have the glitch?

Any time you involve wifi in the playback equation, you are bound to have glitches during times of high bit-rate playback.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
cabwiz

Post by cabwiz »

It plays fine on computer and fine on an iPad. The green screen issue is only on the main viewing platform, a 4 k tv with nas and fire stick.