[FEATURE REQUEST] - SELECTING MULTIPLE ISO FILES TO BE CONVERTED TO MKV (QUEUING)

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
SopraNo3

[FEATURE REQUEST] - SELECTING MULTIPLE ISO FILES TO BE CONVERTED TO MKV (QUEUING)

Post by SopraNo3 »

Hello,

I got many movies ripped to ISO from my Original Discs and I would love to convert them to MKV. The problem is, that I need to do this ONE by ONE and it is really frustrating. It would be nice if you could load the all in MAKEMKV and then be able to select the titles you want to keep. Then MAKEMKV should do them one by one without needing human input to go to the next one.

This will save us up a lot of time!

Is it doable?
Woodstock

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] - SELECTING MULTIPLE ISO FILES TO BE CONVERTED TO MKV (QUEUING)

Post by Woodstock »

There are scripts posted here that might help while you wait for Mike to respond to your request.

However, you CAN run multiple copies of MakeMKV at the same time, and assign each one to an ISO file, loading a different ISO to a copy of the program as it finishes the previous ISO.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
SopraNo3

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] - SELECTING MULTIPLE ISO FILES TO BE CONVERTED TO MKV (QUEUING)

Post by SopraNo3 »

Hello,

Thank you for your reply!

How do I run multiple MakeMKVs?

Also that means that they will all run at the same time right? This can be a solution but what about if I want to do it one by one but automated? That will take up less resources right?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Queuing as you are expecting would be more along the lines of the scripts you can find by searching here. Those use the command line interface to talk to MakeMKV.

Running multiple copies of the graphic interface just takes starting multiple copies. Each can be assigned a different file to work on, and be left to run. Resource usage is not that high... I would typically run two instances on an old Celeron 2 core processor. Working from ISO files, you probably would have trouble keeping up with more than 2 or 3.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
SopraNo3

Post by SopraNo3 »

Hello,

Thank you, I am now testing the multiple instances of MKV solution.

I would still like to see how the scripts do the queuing though, but I am not familiar at all with the process.

Will someone be kind enough to guide me?