Open DVD Manually Selecting Extra Chapters

Everything related to MakeMKV
Neodarkmatter

Open DVD Manually Selecting Extra Chapters

Post by Neodarkmatter »

Hopefully this is the right place to put this as it looks to be a bug of some sort.

When opening a DVD manually to seperate out TV shows that are on a DVD as a single Title I typically list out title:chapter-chapter like 1:1-4,1:5-8.
I noticed when I do that MakeMKV is adding on chapters. For example the first Title should be chapters 1-4 but once I get to the page listing out the titles the first title should show 1-4 for the segment map but shows 1-4,1 instead and adds the first chapter again at the end of the file. You can see this from the screen shot here:
MakeMKV_manual_bug.png
MakeMKV_manual_bug.png (61.87 KiB) Viewed 4722 times
To get around this I just do one episode at a time, so 1:1-4 and then I reopen the DVD and do 1:5-8.
This happens if I open a DVD manually or if I rip the DVD and then open the DVD files manually.
Wio.Steelhor

Re: Open DVD Manually Selecting Extra Chapters

Post by Wio.Steelhor »

Neodarkmatter,

I hope you figured this out by now, but I noticed no one ever replied. I found your post from a Google search and others might as well.

To resolve your issue, use spaces instead of commas.

1:1-4 1:5-8 1:6-10

Commas can be used to separate cells in a chapter that may not be sequential, like below. good foe times when episodes are clusted together and the opening and closing sequence are only at the very beginning and very end of a chapter.

Take care,

1:1-4,10,15
simonpeterjames

Re: Open DVD Manually Selecting Extra Chapters

Post by simonpeterjames »

thanks for sharing this, very very helpful, thanks again :D