Rip Does Not Include Main Movie File

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs

Rip Does Not Include Main Movie File

Post by 001971 »

I have attempted to rip 2 Blu-ray discs to my harddrive. My first attempt was "Shutter Island", which resulted in 2 files ripped to my hard drive, neither of which was the main movie. The 2 files were extra features such as a short on how the movie was made. The next blu-ray disc I ripped included the main movie file and worked great. Any idea what might have caused the problem I had with Shutter Island? Additonally, in both cases a MakeMKV message told me not to run AnyDVD in the background. However, when I shut down AnyDVD, I got a MakeMKV message that the disc could not be read. Consequently, I ran AnyDVD in the background and was sucessful. Any thoughts as to why that was? Thanks for your help.
setarip_old

Re: Rip Does Not Include Main Movie File

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
Additonally, in both cases a MakeMKV message told me not to run AnyDVD in the background. However, when I shut down AnyDVD, I got a MakeMKV message that the disc could not be read.
Sounds like your source material is other than original, commercial BluRay discs - sounds more like still-encrypted-AnyDVDHD-created .ISO image files, which lack the required key for making a backup - unless you use AnyDVDHD.

If this is the case, try using ONLY MakeMKV (AnyDVDHD COMPLETELY turned off) to make backup copies of your ORIGINAL BluRay discs...

Post by 001971 »

It was indeed the orginal blu-ray disc.

Post by 001971 »

Tried a third blu-ray disk. As before, a MakeMKV message told me not to run AnyDVD in the background. I shut down AnyDVD. I got a MakeMKV message that said the disc could not be read. I started up AnyDVD. MakeMKV was now able to read the disc and off it went doing its thing, which resulted in a successful mkv file of the movie. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please provide the debug log file for discs that failed to open, per instructions at http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8/catid/6