BBCBD0345 - RedDwarf Bluray

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Tularis

BBCBD0345 - RedDwarf Bluray

Post by Tularis »

Hello,

I'm trying to Rip the new RedDwarf Bluray BoxSet.

Code: Select all

Disc Information
Label: BBCBD0345
Timestamp: 2018-12-12 16:41:01
Data capacity: 42.4 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM
Number of layers: 2
Channel bit length: 74,5 nm (25.0 GB max. per layer)
But I am getting the errors..

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.14.2 win(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\.../MakeMKV_log.txt
Using direct disc access mode
This disc uses newer version of AACS protection. Please let us know about it by visiting http://www.makemkv.com/a/?R0dHR0ehtbZx4V...

Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\.../.MakeMKV/MKB_v68_Red_Dwarf_-_Series_1_31BC.tgz

The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted

DEBUG: Code 0 at FcF^D,r,a.ZGY1pC:29396115
DEBUG: Code 0 at FcF^D,r,a.ZGY1pC:213134262
Failed to open disc

Do I just need to wait for MakeMKV to be updated?
Attachments
MKB_v68_Red_Dwarf_-_Series_1_31BC.tgz
(122.72 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
Woodstock

Re: BBCBD0345 - RedDwarf Bluray

Post by Woodstock »

First, send the file to support@makemkv.com, so Mike gets it faster. Posting to the board really doesn't do much.

As for when v68 AACS will be rippable, I'm guessing it will take a new program version, and I have no idea how close Mike is on that. This is the first report on AACS beyond v66, so ...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Tularis

Post by Tularis »

Thanks! Will Do! :)
hikaricore

Post by hikaricore »

It's worth noting that only the following discs of this set aren't able to be accessed:

MKB_v68_Red_Dwarf_-_The_Bodysnatcher_Collection_4FC0
MKB_v68_Red_Dwarf_-_Series_1_31BC
MKB_v68_Red_Dwarf_-_Series_2_0E98
MKB_v68_RED_DWARF_SERIES_7_-_DISC_1_10A4

Defying all logic and reason, the other discs are AACS v66 (or lower).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tularis

Post by Tularis »

Thanks for that, I didn't know I could RIP some of the others.

The Box is currently sat on my shelf waiting for MakeMKV to be updated :)
hikaricore

Post by hikaricore »

I suspect these specific discs were mastered last, after an AACS update had taken place. That's just my theory, but there doesn't seem to be any other logical reason the AACS version would differ. I have a second set of discs coming due to a damaged shipment on the first order, it'll be interesting to see if the AACS version matches the discs in my current set. I'm not expecting to see any variation.
goonielife

Post by goonielife »

FYI, I'm not recommending but happen to have purchased a 2 year license for a different software before I found MakeMKV. That license is still good, so I was able to test and it is capable of ripping those discs. I think when MakeMKV works I will redo them, but for the time being there are other options if you can get a cheaper license from an alternate software. I don't really like the other software, but I was waiting for these disks for like a year and don't have a blu ray player hooked up, so I need to rip them to use plex.

I'm not sure about rules about naming other programs, but if you look around it will be one of the more common ones people talk about. Has a monkey on the logo.
preserve

Post by preserve »

hikaricore wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:09 pm
I have a second set of discs coming due to a damaged shipment on the first order
Same thing for me! I need to rip these so I can make sure no discs are defective before sending the second set back.
hikaricore wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:54 pm
It's worth noting that only the following discs of this set aren't able to be accessed
Thanks for the tip! That means I can get ripping most of the set!
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
goonielife

Post by goonielife »

It is interesting the "second shipment" comments. My first shipment never showed up, I don't know if it even reached the shipping company!
hikaricore

Post by hikaricore »

It looks like I'm able to dump the Bodysnatcher Extras disc now. I'll test, the others next. ^_^
preserve

Post by preserve »

goonielife wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:45 pm
It is interesting the "second shipment" comments. My first shipment never showed up, I don't know if it even reached the shipping company!
If it's i-parcel you can look at the tracking, I had that happen once where Amazon thought the shipment was on its way, but when you looked at i-parcel it clearly showed that i-parcel never even received it from Amazon.

I've learned by the way that this set has some problems with the "remastering" they did on some of the episodes, one place you can read about it is in the forums at Blu-ray.com if you are interested in learning more. It is a quality issue that affects all of Season 3 and half of Season 5. There is an audio issue on one episode too I believe. And lastly I only had the chance to very quickly look at a handful of episodes so far but I have to say that the "color correction" (anything to do with adjusting the appearance of the image such as brightness/contrast, color, etc) does not really impress me very much. So this release is certainly a mixed bag, and I hope they'll offer replacement discs for the Season 3 and Season 5 problems that, when you compare to other episodes, are clearly a mistake. But anyway, that's not what this forum is about, but I thought I'd mention it.

(Also, I like the trays they used for the discs - at least there are no loose disc issues with this release - but not sure why they thought it was then a good idea to put the bonus disc in a cardboard sleeve. I'm also disappointed that I don't think the original "remastered" episodes from the Bodysnatcher release are included in this set.)
hikaricore

Post by hikaricore »

If you want the remastered versions of the first three series, you'd need to get The Bodysnatcher Collection. The included disc only has the extras. That said, it does contain ONE single actual episode of the show, "The End: The Original Assembly", which uses the first recordings of each of Episode 1's scenes rather than the later versions.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I'm now able to access all the previously undumpable discs in this collection. MakeMKV still complains that it doesn't recognize the AACS version, but the disc works as expected otherwise. ^_^
preserve

Post by preserve »

hikaricore wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:42 pm
Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I'm now able to access all the previously undumpable discs in this collection. MakeMKV still complains that it doesn't recognize the AACS version, but the disc works as expected otherwise. ^_^
My ripping machine is not connected to the internet. Does anyone know if the dsall.svq has been updated, or is there another file being updated now that I can download to implement the update?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If the disks have AACS v68, as some have reported, that will require a new version of MakeMKV, not just an SVQ update. And Mike's been busy with the UHD stuff recently, so that may be delaying a new version.

Version 1.14 and later pull the latest ripping data when they open the first disk of a session; If you have a machine that IS connected to internet, you could periodically open a disk with that machine, shut down, then copy the file appdata.tar from the MakeMKV program directory to your isolated machine to have the latest SVQ and drive data.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
preserve

Post by preserve »

Woodstock wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:54 am
Version 1.14 and later pull the latest ripping data when they open the first disk of a session; If you have a machine that IS connected to internet, you could periodically open a disk with that machine, shut down, then copy the file appdata.tar from the MakeMKV program directory to your isolated machine to have the latest SVQ and drive data.
Hmm, on launch (opening a disc), MakeMKV 1.14.2 states "Downloading latest SDF to C:/Users/ME/.Makemkv," however, there is no "SDF" file in that directory. There is only _private_data.tar (and a hashed keys text file I put in there ages ago).

And for appdata.tar in the MakeMKV program directory, it shows Created/Modified as Nov 30, 2018. Or does MakeMKV modify this file somehow without updating its Date Modified timestamp on Windows?

It used to be that we could download the latest data from /svq/dsall.svq, but when I looked at it that file seemed to be the same since it last updated ages ago.