"Evaluation period has expired" ... except that it hasn't

Everything related to MakeMKV
gersen

"Evaluation period has expired" ... except that it hasn't

Post by gersen »

In a previous version of MakeMKV Beta (in Windows, the version of which I do not know because I subsequently installed a more recent version), I was able to successfully rip blu-ray discs.

Today, for the first time in weeks, I tried to rip a blu-ray disc, but I received a message that the evaluation period had expired. Following the download instructions, I downloaded the latest version (1.14.2) with the intent of resetting the expiration date.

Now, when I attempt to rip a blu-ray disc, the operation is aborted with the message: "Evaluation period has expired. Please purchase an activation key if you've found this application useful. You may still use all free functionality without any restirctions."

However, in the application, the "about" pane indicates an expiration date in February 2019.

I even tried to rip a disc that I had previously successfully ripped, and I could no longer rip it.

What do I need to do to rip blu-ray discs? Why am I receiving the above abort message when the application indicates over a month left on the beta version? If the solution is to purchase the application outright (which I am willing to do), how can I verify operation of the latest version before buying? I don't want to buy it and have the same problem. How much (in USD) does the application cost?
mike admin

Re: "Evaluation period has expired" ... except that it hasn't

Post by mike admin »

This could be a glitch. Please enter the current beta key - https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
ciarabelle

Post by ciarabelle »

Hello

I'm having the same issue - on a mac. (10.14.2). I also re-downloaded and reinstalled - no change. then i ran app cleaner - which removes all but 1 file, same issue. tried a 3rd time - removed 'all' files w/ app cleaner. no change - refuses to run even though it says it will in the error

"Evaluation period has expired. Please purchase an activation key if you've found this application useful. You may still use all free
functionality without any restrictions."

I cannot find any where to purchase a key.

as soon as it scans the blu-ray it goes to the error over and over.

v MakeMKV v1.14.2 darwin(x64-release)

"Automatic checking for updates is enabled, you may disable it in preferences if you don't want MakeMKV to contact web server.
Optical drive "BD-ROM ASUS SBC-06D2X-U D301d" opened in OS access mode.
Using direct disc access mode
Evaluation period has expired, shareware functionality unavailable.
Failed to open disc"

However, key from previous post works :)

tia
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

ciarabelle wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:54 pm
I cannot find any where to purchase a key.
'Help' menu > 'Purchase'

or see 'Buy...' link in my sig.