UHD drives

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
jonghotti

Re: UHD drives

Post by jonghotti »

Last edited by jonghotti on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
SKORPI0

Post by SKORPI0 »

Just released version of DVDFab 11.0.1.5 has a UHD Drive Tool. Has anyone used this to downgrade the firmware? Just curious to find out if their claim is true, I've with no intention of buying it since there are numerous post here/everywhere than can be easily followed.

https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/supported-drive-list.htm

I've been copying original UHD discs for about 2 months now with MakeMKV and a LG-WH14NS40 (svc NS50) 1.00 and thinking for getting spares via eBay/Amazon/etc.
It takes < 1 hour to make a full backup.
Last edited by SKORPI0 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Last edited by jonghotti on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SKORPI0

Post by SKORPI0 »

Has anyone been dumb enough to pay over $100 for a so called tool that gives you no additional functionality than if you were to read Teddy's instructions, that was released an hour ago? Probably not.

I hope you mean "making digital backups onto hard drive" when you say "copying original UHD discs". Original as opposed to what? LOL

Have you considered buying and using a faster drive and skipping the whole Ebay adventure?

Anyone considering paying over a hundred dollars for that tool needs to get their head examined. I'll sell you a brand new pre flashed drive for less than that. Hell the going rate for a drive flashing is $25 though I keep doing freebies.
Well, I'm just glad that I'm not one of the people who've purchased from you, they are way overpriced. Only non-tech savy person don't know how easy it is, why spend the extra cash to you when they can DIY. It doesn't take any effort to downgrade the FW. Save your money folks, follow the instructions previously posted.... it's really not that hard to follow. Looks like you're afraid of losing business selling those burners you've accumulated (hoarded) with downgraded/crossflashed firmwares from someone using this utility and selling them cheaper.

I got the LG WH14NS50 (SVC NS50) 1.00 a lot cheaper than your asking price ($45 vs. your $105). Faster than what and why would I care? I don't backup a lot of my UHD/BD, but it's nice to know than I can when I need to. And yes I meant backups to a HDD.

I was asking the questions I posted since I was just curious if that utility actually works as claimed, nothing else. Oh, please don't assume I haven't read all the threads on how to downgrade, they've been posted since late 2017 IIRC. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by SKORPI0 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Guys, please do not turn this topic into your private chat...
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Let's party like it's 1979.

Updated my thread I'm shipping like crazy today come and get em!
ripnrun

Post by ripnrun »

Howdy yall

I'm new to this game, kind of, at least recently.

I was going through the thread and wasn't sure if the beginning thread was still accurate and with all that I read I was hoping someone can clear something up for me.

I don't run a PC tower but a laptop, therefore I wouldn't normally go after an internal. I know there are ways to adapt things but was wondering if there are external USB drives that can read UHD.

I apologize if I missed anything, just want to be sure before I take the plunge and have a turd on my hands.

What do you guys think? Thank you for all of the help in advance
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

ripnrun wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:21 pm
Howdy yall

I was going through the thread and wasn't sure if the beginning thread was still accurate and with all that I read I was hoping someone can clear something up for me.

I don't run a PC tower but a laptop, therefore I wouldn't normally go after an internal. I know there are ways to adapt things but was wondering if there are external USB drives that can read UHD.

I apologize if I missed anything, just want to be sure before I take the plunge and have a turd on my hands.

There are 3 external drives that work with DeUHD (not sure about MakeMKV though!). They are:

Buffalo BRUHD-PU3
LG BP60NB10
LG BE16NU50

They are quite expensive though. You could buy an internal drive and a USB enclosure to make it external for less than the cost of an actual external.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
ripnrun

Post by ripnrun »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:25 pm
ripnrun wrote:
Howdy yall

There are 3 external drives that work with DeUHD (not sure about MakeMKV though!). They are:

Buffalo BRUHD-PU3
LG BP60NB10
LG BE16NU50

They are quite expensive though. You could buy an internal drive and a USB enclosure to make it external for less than the cost of an actual external.
Well you guys are the experts. Can you hook me up with a model of both? I'd like to stay in this community so I should go internal with enclosure.

You guys were by far and away the most prevalent that I could find and most recommended at that.

So just to make sure I understand correctly. I get an internal, put it in enclosure, connect via usb, don't update firmware, and I should be good? If there is a weird firmware then I flash to something different?

I think that was what I gathered from all the reading.

Thank you again for the assistance your knowledge is much appreciated.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Once it's in the USB enclosure you won't need to worry about flashing the firmware because you can't. :) Make sure that it's on the right firmware before it's in the enclosure and never worry about it again after.
BlueMac77

Post by BlueMac77 »

ripnrun wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:11 pm

Well you guys are the experts. Can you hook me up with a model of both? I'd like to stay in this community so I should go internal with enclosure.

You guys were by far and away the most prevalent that I could find and most recommended at that.

Yep getting an internal 5.25 blu-ray drive and install it in an external enclosure, either the Vantec or OWC brand would be good. Best the drive has its own power supply not dependent on the computer. There are members in this community who gladly provide their services on 4K UHD Friendly Drives with the correct Firmware and you can reach out to them below

billycar11
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=17831
Email: Billycar5924@gmail.com for details or questions

jonghotti
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=17829
Email: alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com

Recommended Drive Models:
LG WH14NS40
ASUS BW-16D1HT
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

@ripnrun,

If you are located in Australia, I can help you out with a UHD Friendly drive. If you are in USA or elsewhere, contact @jonghotti or @Billycar11.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
ripnrun

Post by ripnrun »

10-4 Good Buddy

I will get a hold of them and see what they want for a ready to go. Normally I would do myself but newborn work blah blah blah. If it isn't a horrible up- charge someone just take my money already.

Anyways thanks. I'm definitely old school looking to play again. Brings back memories.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

ripnrun wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:11 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:25 pm
ripnrun wrote:
Howdy yall

Buffalo BRUHD-PU3
LG BP60NB10
LG BE16NU50

So just to make sure I understand correctly. I get an internal, put it in enclosure, connect via usb, don't update firmware, and I should be good? If there is a weird firmware then I flash to something different?

I think that was what I gathered from all the reading.

Sir I can hook you up with genuine articles of either of the LGs you listed. And/or build you the equivalent for much less.

The BE16NU50 is long extinct, but supported by MakeMKV.

The BP60NB10 is still in production, not supported by MakeMKV, but I have something put together that looks and behaves almost exactly like that drive AND works with our wonderful program.

Please email me at alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com or text/call 650-7201869 I am at your service.

the MakeMKV product far superior when compared to the competition AND
You’ll be stoked to meet the coolest bunch of disc ripping rock stars anywhere, that make up this community!
manHands

Post by manHands »

Billycar11 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:32 am
crhrwc wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:08 am
What's the best drive to buy today? I was thinking of the ASUS bc-12d2ht or the ASUS BW-16D1HT
LG WH14NS40 downgrade
LG WH16NS60 cross flash
LG WH16NS40 downgrade
ASUS BW-16D1HT downgrade
Once WH16NS60 and latest 1.01 firmware is able to rip UHD discs (which seems imminent), would you recommend it or the BW-16D1HT? I don't use the drive for anything other than ripping discs with MakeMKV.