StudioCanal Early Hitchcock Set

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
koberulz

Re: StudioCanal Early Hitchcock Set

Post by koberulz »

It's screwy in VLC on my PC as well though.

Maybe VidCoder has a setting for reading them and retaining them, then. I've never used it. I do know chapter markers generally have to sit on an I-frame so it has to be handled at the encoder level.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

koberulz wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:44 pm
It's screwy in VLC on my PC as well though.

Maybe VidCoder has a setting for reading them and retaining them, then. I've never used it. I do know chapter markers generally have to sit on an I-frame so it has to be handled at the encoder level.
Can't speak to VLC, but general consensus is unfavorable. Up to date?

VidCoder is an open-source tool (my preference) based on the Handbrake core. Handbrake config (probably not latest/greatest) says:

Untitled (Small).jpg
koberulz

Post by koberulz »

When did consensus on VLC become unfavourable? It was the go-to media player not all that long ago.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

koberulz wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:26 pm
When did consensus on VLC become unfavourable? It was the go-to media player not all that long ago.
Just my impression reading various forums. Simple, yes, because it includes codecs. Again, just my impression.

I use Shark007 std codecs w/ his pre-tweaked MPC-BE/madVR. It's has rarely let me down, but it requires some tuning w/ learning curve.YMMV
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

For some of us, VLC started to slide into unfavorable territory when 2.x was released. Too many things stopped working that were working in 1.x.

I haven't tried 3.x yet. 2.x does well enough for me to find which audio/subtitle tracks to use in handbrake.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging