1. if there is no official image for a drive we are downgrading would it be better to use this method and change the one byte in a clean firmware or use the dos flash method?
2. what firmware images from https://forum.cdrinfo.pl/f29/crossflash ... s58-96313/ are official if any?
3. what are the disadvantages of using a clean firmware in selfupdate mode vs an official firmware in self update mode? i thought cal data was left alone in this mode
4. what problems can come from slightly corrupt cal data? i have only had one drive that worked fine on regular fw but didnt work right on edited ones and then worked fine again when put back to stock. the drive had all correct build dates to be compatible and was on 3.03.
5. would using the unlocked flasher repair any of the slightly corrupt cal data? my guess is no because
6. how can we best extract the firmware from the exe? the one Marty made i found it no problem with 7zip 109 was the name but in lg exes 103 has no 1ec056 or the other big file text none seem to be fw.
many more but i am bad at explaining things in text.
i myself have used the unlocked flasher many times to go from asus 3.01 to 3.02 and then in between Asus 3.02 and WH16NS60 1.00 for testing with clean firmware's and didnt experience any problems what problems could this cause? the drive originally started on 3.03 and was downgraded using the dos flash method.