"Ultra hax0r guide" Questions From the Community

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Billycar11

Re: "Ultra hax0r guide" Questions From the Community

Post by Billycar11 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:53 am
@SamuriHL,

Can I run this from Windows or do I still need Linux? I ran it from windows cmd and it created a zip file but I can't open the zip file.
its an exe i dont think Linux does exes
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
@SamuriHL,

Can I run this from Windows or do I still need Linux? I ran it from windows cmd and it created a zip file but I can't open the zip file.
It's definitely windows. If it created a zip file that you can't open, I would like the file you tested it on please so I can improve the tool. Thanks!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:02 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
@SamuriHL,

It's definitely windows. If it created a zip file that you can't open, I would like the file you tested it on please so I can improve the tool. Thanks!
Here you go. Official Flasher:
BH16NS55_1.03_Official_Flasher.zip
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 455 times
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Thanks give me a few to take a look. I'll upload a new version of the tool once I figure out why it's not working right.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I put a new version up on my post. I don't know that it'll help, but, if it's any consolation I was able to extract a zip file and then open it with WinRAR and extract the bin from the flasher you posted. If it fails again, send me the zip it's creating please. Thanks for testing! If you just simply need the bin file for something you're working on let me know and I can attach it.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:13 am
Thanks give me a few to take a look. I'll upload a new version of the tool once I figure out why it's not working right.
Cool, Thanks. FYI, I also just tried the official WH16NS60 1.01 flasher and same problem. I use 7zip by the way.

If I double click zip file, I get: "Can not open file WH16NS60.zip as archive"

If I right click zip file and select 7zip extract here, I get: "Can not open the file as [zip] archive" "Is not archive"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yea, you're right. 7ZIP hates those zips. That's not great. You can extract it with WinRAR though. For the record, it's creating the exact same zip as following the manual directions would create so if 7ZIP doesn't like these, it won't like manually created zips either. Which is weird. I've never see a file 7ZIP couldn't open!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:23 am
Yea, you're right. 7ZIP hates those zips. That's not great. You can extract it with WinRAR though. For the record, it's creating the exact same zip as following the manual directions would create so if 7ZIP doesn't like these, it won't like manually created zips either. Which is weird. I've never see a file 7ZIP couldn't open!
Ok. Very strange! I'll have to install WinRAR then.

EDIT: Just figured out that if I right click zip file and select 7zip\Open Archive\zip it works!

Thanks SamuriHL
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yea, it's very weird. I don't know what 7ZIP doesn't like about them. But I was able to open all of them with WInRAR. I did the NS40, NS50, and that one you just posted and all 3 worked fine. Plus I tested a couple versions of the ASUS flasher to extract bins and they all worked, as well. So the tool appears to be doing what it's supposed to.

EDIT: Hey, neat, so it does work with open archive/zip! Nice find!
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Last update to the tool unless any bugs are found. I added one more function to it. Pass in a bin and it'll make it DE. ;) Have fun kids!
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:08 am
Last update to the tool unless any bugs are found. I added one more function to it. Pass in a bin and it'll make it DE. ;) Have fun kids!
even better redownloading nice
you should probably make a post so more people see it
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I'm not too worried about it. Those that need it will likely find it. Ultimately you guys have made the DE versions of almost all the firmware available already and that's really what people need. I just made this to help you guys who are preparing the bin files to make it a little easier. Plus, you know, for myself, as well. LOL Unemployed programmers need to keep busy. :D
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I found the stupid bug in my code that was corrupting the zip files. Don't worry, the extracted bin is fine so there's no need to panic. Nonetheless, I've taken this opportunity to completely rewrite my app. I'll create a thread for it when it's done because it has a fair bit more functionality. You won't have to worry about zip files anymore as I extract it in memory. Oh, and any bin file I extract, I also DE patch it so you get both versions output from the new tool. It should be up in a bit.

As promised:

viewtopic.php?p=70983#p70983