Gotti (2018) UK

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Cigar

Gotti (2018) UK

Post by Cigar »

Hi guys,

I just want to say that I have recently purchased this blu ray and there's one of those very nasty looking Lionsgate protections on it. Lots of dummy playlists (hundreds of them) and one of them is the real thing. Lots of segments that are split up for this movie.

The question is does anybody know which is the real playlist?

I know there is a way, if you can get the movie to play on your computer using something like PowerDVD the latest version then you can download Process Monitor from Microsoft and you can find out which is the correct one that plays. There's some videos on youtube about how to do this. I would do this myself but I don't have the latest PowerDVD so I have no software on my PC that can play this movie I can only play it in a blu ray player.

From what I understand the USA version of Gotti doesn't have any protection but the Lionsgate one does. Also I'm not sure why but for some reason Gotti UK seems to have an extra 5 minutes added. The USA is about 1 hour 45 minutes and the UK is about 1 hour 50 minutes so not sure what's going on there. Also just to add further about Gotti for the USA one there's a misprint on the back cover it says Dolby Digital but actually it's DTS-HD MA instead, they must have made of mess of it when they were making the blu ray.

If anybody could find out what the UK playlist is that would be really cool as I know this movie has only just been released this weeks so it's quite new.
Woodstock

Re: Gotti (2018) UK

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
crazygoose

Post by crazygoose »

I am struggling with the correct playlist for this disc as well (UK release).

I can post a logfile later if required. Thanks
Cigar

Post by Cigar »

I can confirm that with this blu ray, it is by far the worst thing I have ever seen. The most nastiest protection to ever walk the face of the earth :evil:

I tried running it up for the correct playlist but it gave me 00906.mpls which infact is the wrong one. I tried doing a rip in MakeMKV and guess what, a test screen came up at the beginning of the film. At this point now I don't think there is a way to actually rip this movie, I think it is impossible. I'm not sure why it's saying 00906 because that is not the right one at all and there's literally hundreds of playlists :(
Cigar

Post by Cigar »

I think I've managed to come up with the answer on how exactly you can copy this blu ray properly. It seems to me that the only way you can do it and it's not possible by using MakeMKV is to go ahead and buy the very latest version of DVDFab and with that program you can rip the entire Blu ray to your hard drive (considering that it has the very latest updates so it should be able to work) and then once you've got the full disc on your computer you can then have access to all the M2TS files on there. It just takes then somebody with a bit of patience to go ahead and piece the jigsaw puzzle together. I don't think it's a huge amount of segments that are required but if you were to play the movie in some software like PowerDVD for example you could then play the Blu ray disc and find all the M2TS files by comparing them to each segment. Then just write it all down on a piece of paper and make sure you can piece them all in the right order.

It's easy really you just have to locate each scene, the point where it ends and find the next cojoining file and so on. It's only possible this method if you have DVDFab as it won't work with any other programs. Then by using another program like say Mkv Merge or something like that you could join them all together in right order.

I'm not sure as far as finding out what the exact playlist number is I don't think you're gonna know really unless you wade through all the hundreds of them, it would take ages really. I don't think that MakeMKV is really the tool for this kind of job if I'm honest. It's too hard to crack this protection. Like I said one of the worst you'll ever find here.

I can safely say that Lionsgate do NOT want anybody copying this Blu ray under any circumstances and by do NOT I mean they really don't want people to rip this version, they have made it highly challenging.
MyronAub

Post by MyronAub »

Cigar wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:16 am
I tried running it up for the correct playlist but it gave me 00906.mpls which infact is the wrong one.
Did you try Source file name: 00009.mpls? That seems to be the correct one to me.