2 Disks that timeout during decrypt

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
webminster

2 Disks that timeout during decrypt

Post by webminster »

I recently purchased (Amazon) The Incredible Hulk and Lucy UHD disks. Been trying to rip them and having no success. During the Decrypt phase, the progress slider gets to about 25%, parsing Content000.cer,and hangs. Ultimately,the drive starts making wronking sounds and gives a scsi hardware error: timeout. Moves to BD+ and continues with the scsi timeouts.

What I've tried so far:
* Repeated removing,reinserting, retrying the load
* Cleaning the disks multiple times
* Swapped the Asus drive I normally use with my LG drive (same behavior)
* Power cycled the machine to reset hardware
* Put in different disk I ripped before this - proved it can load disks
* Tried on MakeMKV 1.14.2 and 1.12.3, same problem.

This is the second set of the two disks I got, this second set today was a replacement from Amazon (since the first two did exactly same thing). It's a little hard for me to believe that I'd be so unlucky to get two bad /sets/ of disks, two completely different titles. Maybe it's possible...

Am I missing something good I should try? Thanks in advance for any insights or suggestions.
-Alan
handcraftedbits

Re: 2 Disks that timeout during decrypt

Post by handcraftedbits »

I've been there before... it might be worthwhile to see if you can just do an unencrypted disk dump. If that works you can decrypt the dumped copy. It's worth a shot, worked for me once.
webminster

Post by webminster »

Yeah, that did work. Used AnyDVD-HD Ripper to rip to hard drive, then MakeMKV to extract the needed title. Worked for both titles. Still wonder why MakeMKV had all the SCSI timeout issues where AnyDVD read it with no complaints...
webminster

Post by webminster »

Make that 3 disks. Got a copy of Blade Runner Final Cut from Amazon today. Loaded it up and tried to set up the rip in 1.14.2. It also stuck at exactly the same place, about 25% into "decrypting content000.cer," then starting scsi timeout error messages.

Opened the disk in AnyDVD and started ripping to hard drive. No problems.

Something is weird here. This used to be a simple thing, now seems every new disk I get I can't open in MakeMKV directly.
omk1980

Post by omk1980 »

Anyone get incredible hulk to work?
webminster

Post by webminster »

I did. It's been awhile, so I don't recall whether I was able to rip it directly with MakeMKV, or if I had to go the intermediate step of copying the disk image with AnyDVD Ripper then use MakeMKV...
omk1980

Post by omk1980 »

Yeah, judging from your post, you used anydvd . I tried using anydvd's trial version and got an error saying I wasn't using a uhd friendly drive which isn't the case. Strange.