Time from purchase to receive registration key?

Everything related to MakeMKV
CoolCat

Time from purchase to receive registration key?

Post by CoolCat »

I purchased MakeMKV this morning just before 9:30am. It took about 5 minutes for the 2checkout system to process my payment and send me a receipt. I still haven't received my registration key over 6 hours later. I'm assuming maybe this is because there aren't predetermined keys waiting for people to purchase them? I guess I'm used to receiving my software keys immediately.

Does anyone have any idea how long I should expect to wait for my registration key?
Mcrfan44

Re: Time from purchase to receive registration key?

Post by Mcrfan44 »

I’m having the same issue. I paid around 9:30 this morning, immediately got the payment confirmation, but no code.
rdgrimes

Post by rdgrimes »

Same here, got my confirmation email but no registration.
Furnace Inferno

Post by Furnace Inferno »

I'm also in the same position, bought this morning and yet to receive anything. I signed up to the payment site to check my order and it just says pending but I got the 2nd payment cleared email.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The payment confirmation should include the registration code; mine did. There should be a line that says, "Activation key:", followed by a long code.

If you did NOT get a payment confirmation, check your spam folder. I know that a lot of email providers will flag as spam any message that seems to have a random string of characters or numbers.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
tekitsune

Post by tekitsune »

I fall into the same boat as the others. I ordered early this morning and still no activation code. I got two emails from 2Checkout, one "order confirmation" email and one "Payment Received" email. Neither one had anything talking about the actual activation code.

The first email had this paragraph in it:

"As soon as the payment for your electronic products is approved, you will receive the payment receipt and detailed product licensing information emails. For products that require shipping, you will receive an email with additional information regarding the delivery process."

The payment receipt arrived, but the licensing info email never did.

But, if you log into the 2Checkout website and look at the order information, it has the order listed as "Pending." (I have other things that I've bought through 2Checkout and they list those as "Finished.") Something funky happened. Glad to see that it wasn't just me, but now it's a waiting game it seems.
Hobson

Post by Hobson »

Did you ever get your key, I purchased too and my confirmation e-mail and my payment received e-mail both do not contain a key.
CoolCat

Post by CoolCat »

@Woodstock, I just checked again.

I got the first email "Online order confirmation from www.makemkv.com" which stated "As soon as the payment for your electronic products is approved, you will receive the payment receipt and detailed product licensing information emails."

Then 7 minutes later I got a second email, "Your order on www.makemkv.com: Payment received" which did not have an activation code and the only mention of obtaining the software was "You can access your products according to the terms and conditions you accepted during purchase."

When I log in to check the order status on the 2checkout site I see the same "pending" status that Furnace Inferno is seeing. Hopefully this will be cleared up soon. I don't often spend $50 on software.
Furnace Inferno

Post by Furnace Inferno »

Yep that’s exactly what my second email said which is why I went hunting around to sign up and see if there was a key on my order history, no dice unfortunately.

Clearly something has gone wrong.
Mcrfan44

Post by Mcrfan44 »

Furnace Inferno wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:41 pm
Yep that’s exactly what my second email said which is why I went hunting around to sign up and see if there was a key on my order history, no dice unfortunately.

Clearly something has gone wrong.
Exactly the same scenario here. Order still showing as pending, no key. Payment was processed.
leicaman

Post by leicaman »

It seems there were a number of people who have the same issue. I paid this morning and still have not received any kind of confirmation code.
If anyone get their's please leave an update.
jruyson87

Post by jruyson87 »

I'm in the same boat, and there is not a registration key attached to the payment confirmation. I looked it over multiple times. If anyone that has purchased this before could chime in as to whether or not this is normal, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Davedaps

Post by Davedaps »

Yep same thing here. Ordered today, got the 2 payment emails. Checked my junk mail folder and nothing.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I recommend that everyone send a message to support@makemkv.com and let Mike know what's going on. He should be able to get it straightened out.

This is the first time I've heard that people didn't get their keys quickly.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
rdgrimes

Post by rdgrimes »

Already sent a support email, and got no response to that either.