Captain America 2 and 3

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
charlie62

Captain America 2 and 3

Post by charlie62 »

I have sent two tgz files for the Uk versions of Captain America 2 and 3 I sent the files to support@makemkv without coming on the forum will this be a problem Thanks
SamuriHL

Re: Captain America 2 and 3

Post by SamuriHL »

You should send it to svq@makemkv dot com as I think that's the proper address. My US copies apparently won't be here til tomorrow. Meh. LOL
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

Thanks for that and I did end it with .com,I'm still wondering if the way I sent them will be ok. Thanks
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

It sounds like you are asking if you need to post in the forum every time and no, you don't have to post in the forum every time you submit the data. Mike checks the support emails always/often for such data and may not necessarily be checking the forum. That's not how this works. The processes (forum/data submission) are not linked to where a post in the forum is required for discs to be supported.

Even though some people seem to think it is for some odd reason.

And from my experience Mike does check both emails, but svq@makemkv should be the primary one used for such submittals of data as advised by SamuriHL
nathanddrews

Post by nathanddrews »

I'll often submit the email and also post on the forum - just to let others know that they will fail to backup. However, it's always possible that my copy didn't backup for some other reason and someone else has success. Either way, I think it's good to share with the community and not just Mike.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I do the same. It's to notify other users that it's not yet supported and that a dump has been submitted not to notify Mike. The emails do that, the forum let's the rest of us know the status of certain things.
nebulr

Post by nebulr »

It seems to work now. I was able to succesfully rip my UHD copies :D
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

Thanks to Mike for such great service,he must be hopeful that I never get in touch with him again. Not being very computer literate I may have sent him 3 dump files because I wasn't sure I had sent them properly lol!