Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
fib1985

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by fib1985 »

Hi to all guys,

so demux the audio track in DD+ (E-AC3) format with tsmuxer result in playable audio with LG TV C8 ? Im still dont get this point. :oops: Thx to all.
bgalakazam

Post by bgalakazam »

fib1985 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:53 pm
so demux the audio track in DD+ (E-AC3) format with tsmuxer result in playable audio with LG TV C8 ? Im still dont get this point. :oops: Thx to all.
I have LG C8, too. If you demux the TrueHD track you usually get a 640kbs. If you have a native DD+ track at 1.5Mbit then use that. What I have been doing is demuxing the 1.5Mbit DTS track, then converting it to DD+. Both my LG C8 and my Sony X700 see it properly with the bitrate.
Sony X700 -> Onkyo TX-RZ830 -> LG C8
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

bgalakazam wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:57 pm
fib1985 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:53 pm
I have LG C8, too. If you demux the TrueHD track you usually get a 640kbs. If you have a native DD+ track at 1.5Mbit then use that. What I have been doing is demuxing the 1.5Mbit DTS track, then converting it to DD+. Both my LG C8 and my Sony X700 see it properly with the bitrate.
instead of just extracting the 640kbps ac3 core from a thd track, you can also demux the whole lossless thd track and convert that to 1.5mbit dd+ using Xmedia Recode, as per page 5 of this thread
Dany3l

Post by Dany3l »

Hello Grencola.

I am a Spanish boy, who does not speak English well. I'm using google translator.

I have found your program, and I am really impressed, but I have a problem.
The program automatically chooses the first available ac3 and it is always English.
I would be really grateful if you could add some way of choosing ac3 in Spanish, or any other language in the program.
Your program is the only way I've found to make dolby vision possible in my Oled C7 and it's really good, fast and easy to use.
Thank you very much for your work.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Dany3l wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:53 am
Hello Grencola.

I am a Spanish boy, who does not speak English well. I'm using google translator.

The program automatically chooses the first available ac3 and it is always English.
I would be really grateful if you could add some way of choosing ac3 in Spanish, or any other language in the program.
Your program is the only way I've found to make dolby vision possible in my Oled C7 and it's really good, fast and easy to use.
give me some time and I'll make a custom program for you, I'm always super busy.
Dany3l

Post by Dany3l »

Grencola wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:51 pm
Dany3l wrote:
Hello Grencola.

give me some time and I'll make a custom program for you, I'm always super busy.
Amazing...
thank you!
RainerMKV

Post by RainerMKV »

Grencola wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:12 pm
just use my app and click one button: https://bit.ly/2WbHZR0 ;)
Also, I see that French is your preferred language
Wow! Great tool! Perfect for my new LG TV. Yeah!
I testet with Fallout-ISO. Take only 45 Min. But my preferred language is german. How can i change it from en to german as an additional language? And sub also?
artcomer1416

Post by artcomer1416 »

thelittleworm wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:37 pm
So apparently there's a method to backup UHD ISO's into MP4's that triggers Dolby Vision on an LG or Vizio television app via USB. I made this thread in the hopes we can figure out a way to reconvert this into MKV. The procecure is the following -

1. Make ISO of movie. I have only tested this with Black Panther since that's the only one I own. I will be buying Gladiator this weekend to test out though.

2. Use TS Muxer to open the ISO. Find the correct M2TS file and demux the following files:
A. HEVC1 in 4K (Base layer)
B. HEVC 2 in 1080p (this is the dolby vision enhancement layer)
C. Audio track which you will have to convert to AC3. This is a hard line limitation- you need to use AC3!!!

3. Once you have HEVC1, HEVC2, and the Audio track. Run Dolby Vision MP4Muxer (https://github.com/DolbyLaboratories/dlb_mp4base)
DolbyVision MP4 Muxer only works in Command Prompt so you have to navigate to the corresponding folders where the files are and type

mp4muxer --dv-profile 7 --input-file (baselayername.hevc1) --input-file (dvlayername.hevc2) --input-file (audio.ac3) --media-lang eng --output-file (nameofmovie).mp4

*Right now we are limited to only MP4 and AC3 audio. Hoping we figure out an MKV solution.

It sounds like its complicated, but it isn't. The entire process took me an hour to figure out, but once I did it, I sold my Xbox One X, because I'm now using my LG USB to play Dolby Vision MP4's! Hopefully this starts a discussion.

Hi, Im having major issues getting this to work. It wont allow me to run the debug/release colmmand together so I run them seperate then try to run the mp4muxer
in the vs2010 directory and it cant find the hevc file that is also there. Any help would be appreciated
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

RainerMKV wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:48 pm
Grencola wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:12 pm
just use my app and click one button: https://bit.ly/2WbHZR0 ;)
Also, I see that French is your preferred language
Wow! Great tool! Perfect for my new LG TV. Yeah!
I testet with Fallout-ISO. Take only 45 Min. But my preferred language is german. How can i change it from en to german as an additional language? And sub also?
Glad you like it. Do you know any ms-dos? or how to use the programs within within my tool? it's fairly simple, I'm just always out and away from the pc. If you can't figure it out though I can do it when I get more time.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

artcomer1416 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:52 am
thelittleworm wrote:
So apparently there's a method to backup UHD ISO's into MP4's that triggers Dolby Vision on an LG or Vizio television app via USB. I made this thread in the hopes we can figure out a way to reconvert this into MKV. The procecure is the following -

1. Make ISO of movie. I have only tested this with Black Panther since that's the only one I own. I will be buying Gladiator this weekend to test out though.

2. Use TS Muxer to open the ISO. Find the correct M2TS file and demux the following files:
A. HEVC1 in 4K (Base layer)
B. HEVC 2 in 1080p (this is the dolby vision enhancement layer)
C. Audio track which you will have to convert to AC3. This is a hard line limitation- you need to use AC3!!!

3. Once you have HEVC1, HEVC2, and the Audio track. Run Dolby Vision MP4Muxer (https://github.com/DolbyLaboratories/dlb_mp4base)
DolbyVision MP4 Muxer only works in Command Prompt so you have to navigate to the corresponding folders where the files are and type

mp4muxer --dv-profile 7 --input-file (baselayername.hevc1) --input-file (dvlayername.hevc2) --input-file (audio.ac3) --media-lang eng --output-file (nameofmovie).mp4

*Right now we are limited to only MP4 and AC3 audio. Hoping we figure out an MKV solution.

It sounds like its complicated, but it isn't. The entire process took me an hour to figure out, but once I did it, I sold my Xbox One X, because I'm now using my LG USB to play Dolby Vision MP4's! Hopefully this starts a discussion.

Hi, Im having major issues getting this to work. It wont allow me to run the debug/release colmmand together so I run them seperate then try to run the mp4muxer
in the vs2010 directory and it cant find the hevc file that is also there. Any help would be appreciated
Just use this: https://bit.ly/2WbHZR0
RainerMKV

Post by RainerMKV »

Grencola wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:33 am
Do you know any ms-dos?
Yes. Long time ago. I think that's not a problem
Grencola wrote:
Or how to use the programs within within my tool?
Unfortunately not :(
I will read again
fib1985

Post by fib1985 »

thelittleworm wrote:

Hi to all,

the command --media-lang eng should to change if i use another track ? (example ita for italian) or should i use always "eng" ?
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

fib1985 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:31 pm
thelittleworm wrote:

Hi to all,

the command --media-lang eng should to change if i use another track ? (example ita for italian) or should i use always "eng" ?
I think maybe media-lang is just for what language the mediainfo is written in? the audio track you use in the mux is the language of the mp4.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Dany3l wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:00 pm
Grencola wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:51 pm
Dany3l wrote:
Hello Grencola.

Amazing...
thank you!
here you go: https://bit.ly/30amToV 8)
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

RainerMKV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:30 pm
Grencola wrote:
Do you know any ms-dos?
Yes. Long time ago. I think that's not a problem
Grencola wrote:
Or how to use the programs within within my tool?
Unfortunately not :(
I will read again
Here: https://bit.ly/2VteIFr - this will let you choose any of the available languages.
I will add a subtitle version soon, I don't have much time right now.