Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ragico
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:09 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by ragico » Sun May 12, 2019 11:30 am

fib1985 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:31 pm
thelittleworm wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:37 pm

mp4muxer --dv-profile 7 --input-file (baselayername.hevc1) --input-file (dvlayername.hevc2) --input-file (audio.ac3) --media-lang eng --output-file (nameofmovie).mp4
Hi to all,

the command --media-lang eng should to change if i use another track ? (example ita for italian) or should i use always "eng" ?
I use ita without problem.

Dany3l
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 12:33 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Dany3l » Sun May 12, 2019 12:16 pm

Grencola wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:55 am
Dany3l wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:00 pm
Grencola wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:51 pm

give me some time and I'll make a custom program for you, I'm always super busy.
Amazing...
thank you!
here you go: https://bit.ly/30amToV 8)
Wow...
What you do is wonderful.
Many thanks and lots of health for you and your family.

fib1985
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 11:36 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by fib1985 » Sun May 12, 2019 3:21 pm

Grencola wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:29 am
RainerMKV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:30 pm
Grencola wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:33 am
Do you know any ms-dos?
Yes. Long time ago. I think that's not a problem
Grencola wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:33 am
Or how to use the programs within within my tool?
Unfortunately not :(
I will read again
Here: https://bit.ly/2VteIFr - this will let you choose any of the available languages.
I will add a subtitle version soon, I don't have much time right now.
Thanks dude, i will try it later. I just order my 65C8 today btw :wink:

deadchip12
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 2:49 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by deadchip12 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:04 pm

I’m having a problem playing the dolby vision files on an external hdd connected to lg oled c7 via usb. The video stutters heavily at certain parts. The hdr10 version runs fine though. Movies tested are Jigsaw (2017), Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom (2018) and Overlord (2018). I’m pretty sure the bandwidth of usb 3.0 on the c7 should be more than enough for this right? Not sure what causes the stuttering.

cyperous
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:01 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by cyperous » Tue May 14, 2019 7:10 pm

Has anyone noticed that all dv mp4 files created using the mp4muxer result in files that not seekable or is it just me.

Grencola
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Grencola » Wed May 15, 2019 1:12 am

cyperous wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:10 pm
Has anyone noticed that all dv mp4 files created using the mp4muxer result in files that not seekable or is it just me.
seek works. you sure it's not your TV's lousy usb media player? :) have you tried via plex?

Grencola
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Grencola » Wed May 15, 2019 1:14 am

deadchip12 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:04 pm
I’m having a problem playing the dolby vision files on an external hdd connected to lg oled c7 via usb. The video stutters heavily at certain parts. The hdr10 version runs fine though. Movies tested are Jigsaw (2017), Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom (2018) and Overlord (2018). I’m pretty sure the bandwidth of usb 3.0 on the c7 should be more than enough for this right? Not sure what causes the stuttering.
were you getting framerate errors during the creation of your mp4s? if it's a remux sometimes they need to be repaired with mkvtoolnix. I haven't seen this happen with m2ts files.

cyperous
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:01 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by cyperous » Wed May 15, 2019 1:50 am

Grencola wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:12 am
cyperous wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:10 pm
Has anyone noticed that all dv mp4 files created using the mp4muxer result in files that not seekable or is it just me.
seek works. you sure it's not your TV's lousy usb media player? :) have you tried via plex?
My TV is a Roku TV and Plex doesn't natively support the DVHE but will play if you force it to. When trying to seek forward or backward though always results in the file starting from the beginning no matter where your at. I haven't tried using the USB media player.

deadchip12
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 2:49 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by deadchip12 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:07 am

Grencola wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:14 am
deadchip12 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:04 pm
I’m having a problem playing the dolby vision files on an external hdd connected to lg oled c7 via usb. The video stutters heavily at certain parts. The hdr10 version runs fine though. Movies tested are Jigsaw (2017), Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom (2018) and Overlord (2018). I’m pretty sure the bandwidth of usb 3.0 on the c7 should be more than enough for this right? Not sure what causes the stuttering.
were you getting framerate errors during the creation of your mp4s? if it's a remux sometimes they need to be repaired with mkvtoolnix. I haven't seen this happen with m2ts files.
No I got no errors (I used your program. Does it notify framerate error if there is any?). And I used m2ts files.

Grencola
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Grencola » Wed May 15, 2019 3:46 am

cyperous wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:50 am
My TV is a Roku TV and Plex doesn't natively support the DVHE but will play if you force it to. When trying to seek forward or backward though always results in the file starting from the beginning no matter where your at. I haven't tried using the USB media player.
Ah I see. Yea every model has their own unique struggles. The usb media player may play better than forcing unsupported media in plex. you might just be out of luck though unless you grab an x700 or something similar to play them on

Redhawk2000
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Redhawk2000 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:56 pm

Grencola wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:46 am
cyperous wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:50 am
My TV is a Roku TV and Plex doesn't natively support the DVHE but will play if you force it to. When trying to seek forward or backward though always results in the file starting from the beginning no matter where your at. I haven't tried using the USB media player.
Ah I see. Yea every model has their own unique struggles. The usb media player may play better than forcing unsupported media in plex. you might just be out of luck though unless you grab an x700 or something similar to play them on
Sorry to hijack your post but is the x700 the "best" non-Oppo player to play full DV rips currently? Some of the reviews I see for it are a bit worrisome. I've started ripping but actually don't have a 4k tv yet but plan to soon. Will need a player if I can't play DV via htpc.

bgalakazam
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 6:15 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by bgalakazam » Wed May 15, 2019 4:27 pm

My X700 is stable. Wish it had gigabit ethernet, but other than that it works. You also have to manually enabled DV in the menu which can be annoying.

Grencola
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Grencola » Wed May 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Redhawk2000 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:56 pm
Grencola wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:46 am
cyperous wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:50 am
My TV is a Roku TV and Plex doesn't natively support the DVHE but will play if you force it to. When trying to seek forward or backward though always results in the file starting from the beginning no matter where your at. I haven't tried using the USB media player.
Ah I see. Yea every model has their own unique struggles. The usb media player may play better than forcing unsupported media in plex. you might just be out of luck though unless you grab an x700 or something similar to play them on
Sorry to hijack your post but is the x700 the "best" non-Oppo player to play full DV rips currently? Some of the reviews I see for it are a bit worrisome. I've started ripping but actually don't have a 4k tv yet but plan to soon. Will need a player if I can't play DV via htpc.
the x700 is just a quick cheap fix to play dv mp4s. it won't play full rips in dv, only hdr10. Oppo and its clones are the only external devices that will play full rips in dv properly.
bgalakazam wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:27 pm
My X700 is stable. Wish it had gigabit ethernet, but other than that it works. You also have to manually enabled DV in the menu which can be annoying.
enabling the dv option it has just essentially forces fake dv from the base hdr10 layer without seeing the actual dv Metadata. the tv might say dv, but check the player info - it will only be hdr10. I thought the same thing at first too. (see pg. 9)

Redhawk2000
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Redhawk2000 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:34 pm

Grencola wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:46 am
the x700 is just a quick cheap fix to play dv mp4s. it won't play full rips in dv, only hdr10. Oppo and its clones are the only external devices that will play full rips in dv properly.
That is lame. I would want the full rip quality. Oppo or clone it is I guess. Thanks for the feedback.

Grencola
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Grencola » Thu May 16, 2019 1:41 am

Redhawk2000 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:34 pm
Grencola wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:46 am
the x700 is just a quick cheap fix to play dv mp4s. it won't play full rips in dv, only hdr10. Oppo and its clones are the only external devices that will play full rips in dv properly.
That is lame. I would want the full rip quality. Oppo or clone it is I guess. Thanks for the feedback.
no prob

Post Reply