UHD support

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
audioguy

Latest Hash key file

Post by audioguy »

I have downloaded the most recent version of MakeMKV. I have it set to download the latest Key file. But the file that shows up is dated for March of this year. Surely there have been many update in the last 5 months.

Avenger Endgame, of course, it not in the Key file.

What am I doing wrong?

Help please!
SamuriHL

Re: UHD support

Post by SamuriHL »

Um, what file shows up as March? The last PUBLISHED hash key text file is from March, yes, but, MakeMKV doesn't need that file. It downloads SBF's directly now that contain new keys when they are found. So if you're looking at the hash key text file, yea, that's wrong.
st4evr

Re: Latest Hash key file

Post by st4evr »

audioguy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:10 pm
I have downloaded the most recent version of MakeMKV. I have it set to download the latest Key file. But the file that shows up is dated for March of this year. Surely there have been many update in the last 5 months.

Avenger Endgame, of course, it not in the Key file.

What am I doing wrong?

Help please!
This process has been discussed multiple times. The following example thread/conversation includes detailed information regarding this process:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... oad#p74044

You should read BOTH pages to further inform yourself.

As always, forum search function provides additional information/conversations if needed:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/search.ph ... c+download
h8dyt

Post by h8dyt »

I have just recently purchased a WH16NS40 SVC 50 drive. I have tried, as far as I know, every possible way to flash the drive to read UHD 4k movies.
When I insert a UHD movie it will read that the disk is there and attempt to open it. It says reading disk, continues on to say using LibreDrive Mode. Then after about thirty seconds it goes on kicks me back out of it and says the disk can not be decrypted. Following with the line cannot open disk... Please help...
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

h8dyt wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:00 pm
I have just recently purchased a WH16NS40 SVC 50 drive. I have tried, as far as I know, every possible way to flash the drive to read UHD 4k movies.
When I insert a UHD movie it will read that the disk is there and attempt to open it. It says reading disk, continues on to say using LibreDrive Mode. Then after about thirty seconds it goes on kicks me back out of it and says the disk can not be decrypted. Following with the line cannot open disk... Please help...
Have you tried cleaning the disc with lcd screen cleaner and a micro fiber cloth?
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
h8dyt

Post by h8dyt »

It's a brand new disc. I had just taken it out of the plastic and the case
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

h8dyt wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:59 pm
It's a brand new disc. I had just taken it out of the plastic and the case
That usually doesn't matter. Type "dirty disc" into the search bar top right of the screen and see what others experiences have been.
h8dyt

Post by h8dyt »

Again. It's not the disk. I every possible option I have used top try to read it has not worked. This is what comes up as I am reading the disk
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (84.62 KiB) Viewed 18047 times
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Says right there in the log, you need the current key file. Make sure under preferences > general you've got the box checked for "automatically download key file" or whatever it's called. Good idea to check all four boxes actually. Do that and make sure your computer has internet access and you should be all set.
h8dyt

Post by h8dyt »

jonghotti wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:12 pm
Says right there in the log, you need the current key file. Make sure under preferences > general you've got the box checked for "automatically download key file" or whatever it's called. Good idea to check all four boxes actually. Do that and make sure your computer has internet access and you should be all set.
I've had the key file download checked since I have had the drive. Its been giving me that error everytime. I just made sure it was checked.
h8dyt

Post by h8dyt »

Do I just need to wait and see? Or is there a work around for it. Honestly this is very disappointing.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Maybe your firewall settings prevent Makemkv to access the key files. You should check that and if blocked allow Makemkv to make the connection.
h8dyt

Post by h8dyt »

I just got an email from the support team saying my drive is working just fine. They said that it's a new version of the movie and asked for me to upload the accs file or whatever one it is.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

MakeMKV is clearly reporting a key is not available.

It's a 2018 release, so one could reasonably argue that all versions have been reported, but with new discs, emailing the reported dump file to svq@makemkv.com & waiting +/- a week is SOP. You could make an undecrypted backup in the interim?

There is also the possibility that something (i.e. SW firewall?) is preventing MakeMKV from contacting the server(s). Stale DNS? It looks like it got the LD code update successfully, but it's still possible something has changed since.

If you search the forums, there's a link for manually downloading the latest SVQ manually, if you care to try. It seems to be working for most, so it's unlikely systemic.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

h8dyt wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:23 pm
I just got an email from the support team saying my drive is working just fine. They said that it's a new version of the movie and asked for me to upload the accs file or whatever one it is.
Forum search function works. Use it.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/search.ph ... mit=Search

That error and how to proceed has been discussed hundreds of times already. You have to do your part to get this resolved.