Unforgiven - No audio from HD-DVD rip

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
OrvilleP

Unforgiven - No audio from HD-DVD rip

Post by OrvilleP »

I am new here. I joined to get some help, hopefully. I run Win 7 with the MakeMKV ripper and VLC Player apps. I have ripped one of my old HD-DVD movies, Unforgiven, to MKV. When I play it back with VLC I get very good video, but no audio. What can I do to recover the audio.
setarip_old

Re: Unforgiven - No audio from HD-DVD rip

Post by setarip_old »

HI!

1) Is VLC generating an error message about the audio, or is it just playing silently?

2) While playing the video under VLC, have you explored ALL of the possible audio settings from the "Audio" dropdown menu?

OrvilleP

Re: Unforgiven - No audio from HD-DVD rip

Post by OrvilleP »

Setarip_old,

Sorry for the long delay. I am now on MakeMKV 1.6.0. I have again ripped HD-DVD Unforgiven with these results:

The rip now produces a Users\Lindsey\MakeMKV_log.txt file on 3800Client, a Vista (64-bit) computer, after I woke up and changed the MakeMKV 1.6.0 preferences to require it. The log file is the first attachment.

The rip produced 12 output title files none of which were the feature title. They were all either trailers or extras of some kind. I played each title file on MediaClient (Win 7 64-bit) using VLC 1.1.4. Those title files that I thought would include audio tracks did produce sound. The others were silent. A snip of the directory \\MediaServer\MyMovies\HD-DVD MKVs\Unforgiven\ is the second attachment.

Among other things, I wonder why the correct movie title is never displayed when the Blu-ray/HD-DVD/DVD disc is ripped by MakeDVD and then played by VLC.
Attachments
rip file collection
rip file collection
100922-Snip of HD-DVD Unforgiven rip file collection by MakeMKV 1.6.0.JPG (194.31 KiB) Viewed 7283 times
MakeMKV_log.txt
log file
(5.38 KiB) Downloaded 441 times