HD-DVD Top Gun rip results

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
OrvilleP

HD-DVD Top Gun rip results

Post by OrvilleP »

The rip now produces a Users\Lindsey\MakeMKV_log.txt file on 3800Client, a Vista (64-bit) computer, after I woke up and changed the MakeMKV preferences to require it. The log file is the first attachment.

I am now on v 1.6.0. The rip produced only 1 output title file which was not the feature title. I played the single title file on MediaClient (Win 7 64-bit) using VLC 1.1.4. A snip of the directory \\MediaServer\MyMovies\HD-DVD MKVs\Top Gun\ is the second attachment.
MakeMKV_log.txt
log file
(24.08 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
rip file collection
rip file collection
100922-Snip of HD-DVD Top Gun rip file collection by MakeDVD 1.6.0.JPG (90.77 KiB) Viewed 10028 times
setarip_old

Re: HD-DVD Top Gun rip results

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Is there a reason you've posted your HD-DVD-specific results in the Blu-ray sub-forum, rather than in the "General MakeMKV Discussion" sub-forum "sticky" thread devoted to this specific topic?

OrvilleP

Post by OrvilleP »

Setarip_old,

Yes there is. I didn't know better!

Sterling Lindsey
OrvilleP

Post by OrvilleP »

Setarip_old,

Any comment you would offer on why Top Gun didn't rip correctly would be appreciated by me.

Sterling Lindsey
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Based on my speculations and more knowledgable confirmations by "mike admin" regarding your several posts with Debug logs about both Blu-ray discs and DVDs, it's apparent that you have a problematic and/or dying Blu-ray/DVD player...