Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
sleepie89

Re: Stand By Me 4k aacs 2.1/c v70

Post by sleepie89 »

my love wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:44 am
sleepie89 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:58 pm
yea, I had to use dvdfab and it work for fury but it took almost 24hrs. its was looooooooooooong wait. I'm battling now with the patriot I ripped about a 1hr and 30min and the rest wasn't there. so right now, I'm gonna try it again and keep you guys updated on if the patriot worked. again it will probably take another 18hrs I think for it to be done. In the end, makemkv 100% better it take 20mins to rip a 4k with makemkv for me at least but dvdfab takes a day but I guess to at least get these two movies rip I must go through with it.
I also backup my UHD disc Fury, Patriot and Stand by Me by DVDFab, it takes 30 mins only, I always backup my UHD discs without compress (BD100 in DVDFab) or MKV Passthrough in UHD Ripper.

You can try it! Good luckkk...
wow, i wonder why it's taking so long for me. I did the patriot and it only ripped about 2hrs of the movie this time. I'm gonna try it a third time because how does the saying go third time is the charm. anyways, thanks for the luck because I need it with this one.
sleepie89

Post by sleepie89 »

update, yea i switch it to mkv transcode and it ripped in about 40mins. i wonder whats the point of the dvdfab mkv 12bit nonsense options.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

st4evr wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:50 am
The only other Sony 4K UHD BD discs scheduled to be released at this time per their own official release announcements is Zombieland on October 1.
That was spot on.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

mike admin wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:37 pm
st4evr wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:50 am
The only other Sony 4K UHD BD discs scheduled to be released at this time per their own official release announcements is Zombieland on October 1.
That was spot on.
It sure was. We hope you're having some success with this battle. :D
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

We all do ... :D
1wayjonny

Post by 1wayjonny »

mike admin wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:37 pm
That was spot on.
Hey mike, can you comment on the below for 2.1 protection at all?

DeUHD dev quotes
extension is fmts instead of m2ts because it contains some extra info used by studios to track the player used for decryption, which is the major difference from aacs2.0 discs.
"It is not too difficult to bypass this protection, just takes some time to do it"
To make it more user-friendly, DeUHD saves you the hustle to deal with this change, clears the garbage from the file and makes it back to m2ts
DeUHD’s developers, however, suggest that these data have been stripped.All redundant data has been cleared from the disc.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

These "redundant" data are slightly different and are unique per player. Simplified, imagine a single frame from a the same scene encoded slightly differently - a house with a red roof on one frame and a green roof on another. Per rather complex AACS 2.1 crypto you can only get a key to decode either frame - a red or green one, and never both. Which one - depends on a player serial number. The FMTS file is essentially M2TS with a lot of these "redundant" alternative frames.

Obviously it is trivial to remove unused alternative sections.
But doing so without telling the entire world your aacs node id - not so trivial.

It will be done. Likely sooner than later, given more and more titles started to show up.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Well, obviously the solution is to decode ALL the frame data and randomly spread the love throughout the decoded m2ts. :P :D Piece of cake! LMAO I kid, I kid. That sounds nasty. Sounds like you have it under control, though, which is awesome. Let's hope this nonsense doesn't show up on more titles.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Sounds like a player in software is needed that operates in a sandbox to not be tracked. Or am I totally wrong?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

We should leave it to the professional. ;)
demon

Post by demon »

mike admin wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:57 pm
It will be done. Likely sooner than later, given more and more titles started to show up.
I don't know if there's anything we can do to help, but if there is...
VarHD

Post by VarHD »

demon wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:22 pm
I don't know if there's anything we can do to help, but if there is...
As Mike said:
Simplified, imagine a single frame from a the same scene encoded slightly differently - a house with a red roof on one frame and a green roof on another. Per rather complex AACS 2.1 crypto you can only get a key to decode either frame - a red or green one, and never both. Which one - depends on a player serial number.
...so I guess we could go through the movie frame-by-frame and then give Mike a list of which frames are the right ones to decode in the right way. Sounds like an easy fun job and a great long-term solution ;)
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

sleepie89 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:58 pm
yea, I had to use dvdfab and it work for fury but it took almost 24hrs. its was looooooooooooong wait. I'm battling now with the patriot I ripped about a 1hr and 30min and the rest wasn't there. so right now, I'm gonna try it again and keep you guys updated on if the patriot worked. again it will probably take another 18hrs I think for it to be done. In the end, makemkv 100% better it take 20mins to rip a 4k with makemkv for me at least but dvdfab takes a day but I guess to at least get these two movies rip I must go through with it.
Are you using PASSTHRU for your copy mode? It sounds like you are re-encoding the video as it should not take that long!
1wayjonny

Post by 1wayjonny »

mike admin wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:57 pm
These "redundant" data are slightly different and are unique per player. Simplified, imagine a single frame from a the same scene encoded slightly differently - a house with a red roof on one frame and a green roof on another. Per rather complex AACS 2.1 crypto you can only get a key to decode either frame - a red or green one, and never both. Which one - depends on a player serial number. The FMTS file is essentially M2TS with a lot of these "redundant" alternative frames.

Obviously it is trivial to remove unused alternative sections.
But doing so without telling the entire world your aacs node id - not so trivial.

Thanks for the reply, was away and just got back.
thinredline

Post by thinredline »

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to post but I just bought the UK 4K Bluray of this film.
I understand there is another protection in this disc, and when I try to play it on the fly with VLC i get pixelation every few seconds.
Is there anything I can do, to play this film without this problem?

I tried MPC-HC too (I usually play my 4K Blurays with MPC and I don't have any problem), but it plays only the deleted scenes and not the main feature.