SamuriHL

Re: Ripping Dolby Atmos into MKV

Post by SamuriHL »

spl147 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:46 am
SamuriHL wrote:
spl147 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:28 pm
Has anyone tried running a problematic MKV through CloneBD? To see if the problem is corrected?
I don't understand what this means. CloneBD only accepts a BD or UHD as input, not an MKV.
Didnt know that. The issue with clonebd is you can not select just the forced subs within the subtitle track
Uhhh, what? That was one of the features I pushed on til they added it. It most definitely can scan for forced subs and create a separate subtitle track for them. I'm confused?
spl147

Post by spl147 »

SamuriHL wrote:
spl147 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:46 am
SamuriHL wrote: I don't understand what this means. CloneBD only accepts a BD or UHD as input, not an MKV.
Didnt know that. The issue with clonebd is you can not select just the forced subs within the subtitle track
Uhhh, what? That was one of the features I pushed on til they added it. It most definitely can scan for forced subs and create a separate subtitle track for them. I'm confused?
Been a long time since i used it
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

spl147 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:53 am
It's changed quite a bit. And if you're not compressing anything, it's free to use. So, for example, the process I outlined above where you rip to backup folder with MakeMKV and then open the backup folder with CloneBD, if you're just outputting an uncompressed MKV, CloneBD is free to use.
Kevinicus

Post by Kevinicus »

Wait...people are having issues with Atmos on yheir MKVs?

I haven't had dropouts since I stopped using my Dune Smart D1 (and then, pretty much only with Lionsgate titles). Since going to Zappiti and then Shield, everything is perfect.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:55 am
spl147 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:53 am
It's changed quite a bit. And if you're not compressing anything, it's free to use. So, for example, the process I outlined above where you rip to backup folder with MakeMKV and then open the backup folder with CloneBD, if you're just outputting an uncompressed MKV, CloneBD is free to use.
just tried the latest clonebd beta, it's still crap! selected english subtitles, set default to none, checked the extra track for forced subtitles and i ended up with the 4 english tracks from the disc, makemkv says none found!

i still say it's a player issue!
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Well then I would say it's not the program for you. Which is ok.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jeromec

Post by jeromec »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:50 pm
Yes, it's a problem with most solutions that try to slam ATMOS tracks into an MKV container. So far only Elaborate Bytes seems to have solved the issue by writing custom code for MLP handling in MKV containers. Since they released their update, I've had zero issues. I usually rip to folder backup with MakeMKV and then process that with CloneBD to create my MKV. That process has worked. Hopefully at some point MakeMKV will be updated to solve this issue, as well.
I have just tried making a MKV from an iso for an animation movie with an Atmos track using CloneBD (the one from Elaborate Bytes on elby.ch - there are several different CloneBD apps).The movie's main title has 61 segments. I tried with CloneBD 1.2.6.0 and then CloneBD 1.2.6.1 beta.

The mkv produced with CloneBD has the same audio dropout issues as those produces by MakeMKV or MKVToolNix :-(

The iso, or the manually assembled .m2ts (using the Unix cat command) play perfectly.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Then you should send elby the clonebd log for that disc so they can look at it. I've not had a single drop in any of my atmos titles since they fixed it. That doesn't mean there aren't still problems to be fixed, however.

recordplay

Post by recordplay »

anybody had issues where a dolby atmos movie will playback incorrect channels? I've had several movies where the movie will start and the dialog will come from the front left channel instead of the center channel where it is suppose to and sometimes like with Alitia Battle Angel where I hear no dialog at all. When I restart the movie or go back a few secs it will play correctly. Is this a software or hardware issue? I am using the Nvidia Shield and bitstreaming using Kodi
deltop

Post by deltop »

jeromec wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:10 am
SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:50 pm
Yes, it's a problem with most solutions that try to slam ATMOS tracks into an MKV container. So far only Elaborate Bytes seems to have solved the issue by writing custom code for MLP handling in MKV containers. Since they released their update, I've had zero issues. I usually rip to folder backup with MakeMKV and then process that with CloneBD to create my MKV. That process has worked. Hopefully at some point MakeMKV will be updated to solve this issue, as well.
I have just tried making a MKV from an iso for an animation movie with an Atmos track using CloneBD (the one from Elaborate Bytes on elby.ch - there are several different CloneBD apps).The movie's main title has 61 segments. I tried with CloneBD 1.2.6.0 and then CloneBD 1.2.6.1 beta.

The mkv produced with CloneBD has the same audio dropout issues as those produces by MakeMKV or MKVToolNix :-(

The iso, or the manually assembled .m2ts (using the Unix cat command) play perfectly.
Are you sure your not doing something wrong?

Toy Story 4 gives me audio dropouts/corruption when using MakeMKV or MKVtoonix.

With CloneBD the audio is fine!

If you have some timestamps I'll take a look. But I was getting audio problems whenever the audio had been joined. But not with CloneBD.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Someone reported a couple more issues with CloneBD and Elby said they were working on a fix, but, it's not something I ran into and it didn't look like the same dropout issue. Once they released the build that rewrote MLP support I reripped all my ATMOS titles with it and had zero issues with audio after that. Everything stayed in sync and no dropouts.
deltop

Post by deltop »

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 pm
Someone reported a couple more issues with CloneBD and Elby said they were working on a fix, but, it's not something I ran into and it didn't look like the same dropout issue. Once they released the build that rewrote MLP support I reripped all my ATMOS titles with it and had zero issues with audio after that. Everything stayed in sync and no dropouts.
I've just been reading the CloneBD forum. I saw the post about Maze Runner: Death Cure. As far as I was aware issues like those, were a player problem. Due to high bitrate atmos tracks. You see the same issue in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 for example. I recognize your nick so like me your using a a pc for playback (big madvr fan here too ;) ). And the lavfilter dev solved that problem.

But it still exists if you use say Kodi on Android.

However if the Elby devs can fix it another way, within the container file, then great.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

deltop wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:40 am

I've just been reading the CloneBD forum. I saw the post about Maze Runner: Death Cure. As far as I was aware issues like those, were a player problem. Due to high bitrate atmos tracks. You see the same issue in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 for example. I recognize your nick so like me your using a a pc for playback (big madvr fan here too ;) ). And the lavfilter dev solved that problem.

But it still exists if you use say Kodi on Android.

However if the Elby devs can fix it another way, within the container file, then great.
They claim they're working on it. They think it's something about audio packet arrangement according to Fabian. Whatever. As long as they can fix it. LOL
omk1980

Post by omk1980 »

SamuriHL wrote:Someone reported a couple more issues with CloneBD and Elby said they were working on a fix, but, it's not something I ran into and it didn't look like the same dropout issue. Once they released the build that rewrote MLP support I reripped all my ATMOS titles with it and had zero issues with audio after that. Everything stayed in sync and no dropouts.
I'll give this a try. Thanks for your help w/this issue. Just not looking forward to ripping my library again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

omk1980 wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:Someone reported a couple more issues with CloneBD and Elby said they were working on a fix, but, it's not something I ran into and it didn't look like the same dropout issue. Once they released the build that rewrote MLP support I reripped all my ATMOS titles with it and had zero issues with audio after that. Everything stayed in sync and no dropouts.
I'll give this a try. Thanks for your help w/this issue. Just not looking forward to ripping my library again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I sympathize. I reripped all my atmos titles when they released the fixed version back in may. It's not fun but since then I've had no issues.