v1.6.0

Everything related to MakeMKV
awtlaw

v1.6.0

Post by awtlaw »

Has anyone got v1.6.0 to actually work? Is there going to be a new release soon to fix all the problems with v1.6.0? Can anyone send me a copy of v1.5.8? I currently cannot encode any videos at all until these issues are resolved. There hasn't been any progress from the admins according to other posts I have read. I understand that this is still in beta form but there has to be something that can be done. Why can they repost v1.5.8? Why would anyone want to spend money on software with bad support? I was thinking about buying makemkv before all this happened now I am thinking twice. Does anyone have any answers?
skittle

Re: v1.6.0

Post by skittle »

What issues? works fine for my self, and others here...
tony55

Post by tony55 »

@awtlaw
It seems like lots of users have probably gotten 1.60 to work but since my first post re: the issue it seems the problem is ongoing and could use a quick temporary remedy until it is finally fixed. So far moderator support has not been forthcoming.

However, it is my understanding that until recently and maybe even now a Google search for MAKEMKV 1.58 might yield your desired results.

Tony
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@awtlaw

Hi!
Why can they repost v1.5.8?
Apparently, you don't understand the concept of BETA testing. The program is under development - and as such, we are called upon to observe and report what new bugs may have been introduced with new releases, so that the authors can attempt to correct them - and to report if new additions function as intended - and whether bug reports from previous versions have been successfully dealt with.

There is really nothing in BETA testing that is targeted at the tester's (you) successful copying of his/her collection of Blu-rays and/or DVDs using anything other than the most recent BETA version.

What we're testing here is ONLY the development of MakeMKV...
Why would anyone want to spend money on software with bad support? I was thinking about buying makemkv before all this happened now I am thinking twice.
Again, you have to understand that you're not using a finished product (paid for or otherwise) and the concept of support is reversed. It's we, the BETA testers who provide support to the authors through the development stage.

Regarding what you spend your money on, that's strictly up to you - and mentioning what you may or may not do with it regarding MakeMKV will not change anything in this,the development stage...