Help - Should I patch my drive?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
dvidebaek

Help - Should I patch my drive?

Post by dvidebaek »

Hi everyone,

I have a LG BH16NS55 Blu-Ray drive. I have some questions about patching/flashing the drives firmware.

1. I'm running the original firmware on the drive. Is there any benefits in patching/flashing my drives current firmware?
2. If the above answers is yes, can somebody provide a link to a "How-to" guide?
3. What would be the best firmware to patch/flash my drive with?

I have attached the information of my drive that MakeMKV provides.
Attachments
bluray drive information.png
bluray drive information.png (17.45 KiB) Viewed 5820 times
MartyMcNuts

Re: Help - Should I patch my drive?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

dvidebaek wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:23 am
Hi everyone,

I have a LG BH16NS55 Blu-Ray drive. I have some questions about patching/flashing the drives firmware.

1. I'm running the original firmware on the drive. Is there any benefits in patching/flashing my drives current firmware?
2. If the above answers is yes, can somebody provide a link to a "How-to" guide?
3. What would be the best firmware to patch/flash my drive with?

I have attached the information of my drive that MakeMKV provides.
Why would you want to change it?

You have libredrive enabled on the original firmware. Even Better! The other firmwares are patched to enable libredrive.

I have a NS55 that came with 1.02 and it is still going strong after 2 years!!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
st4evr

Re: Help - Should I patch my drive?

Post by st4evr »

Secondly, there are sticky posts/guides and hundreds of forum posts/threads regarding these topics/questions already. Read the stickies across the forum and use the forum search function as they will provide answers to these common questions. And often will help you avoid headaches and frustration.

But as Marty already advised, why try and fix something that is not broken?