Impossible to play BDMV Folder

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
abel413

Impossible to play BDMV Folder

Post by abel413 »

Hello,

I used "Folder" function from MakeMKV to copy full BluRay disc to my computer. So now I have a directroy with several sub directories (BDMV, STREAM,...).

I just try to open BDMV folder on MPC HC and it says either it "cannot render the file" or "cannot find DVD directory" (depending what I open, "BDMV" or "STREAM"). I have MPC HC configured with ffdshow. I never encountered issues while simply creating MKV files MakeMKV and playing them afterwards. But now I want to save exact BDMV structures and play them like that. I don't want to use anything excepted MPC HC. I know it is possible as I've already managed to do so in the past.

So what can I do now ?

Thank you
Grauhaar

Re: Impossible to play BDMV Folder

Post by Grauhaar »

abel413 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:11 am
I used "Folder" function from MakeMKV to copy full BluRay disc to my computer.
"Folder"? You mean the "Backup" function.
So what can I do now ?
Try the /BDMV/index.bdmv file
Good Luck :)

Post by abel413 »

Grauhaar wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:11 am
abel413 wrote:
I used "Folder" function from MakeMKV to copy full BluRay disc to my computer.
"Folder"? You mean the "Backup" function.
So what can I do now ?
Try the /BDMV/index.bdmv file
Yes indeed Backup function.

Trying "index.bdmv" results in "Cannot render the file"...
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

abel413 wrote:
Hello,

I used "Folder" function from MakeMKV to copy full BluRay disc to my computer. So now I have a directroy with several sub directories (BDMV, STREAM,...).

I just try to open BDMV folder on MPC HC and it says either it "cannot render the file" or "cannot find DVD directory" (depending what I open, "BDMV" or "STREAM"). I have MPC HC configured with ffdshow. I never encountered issues while simply creating MKV files MakeMKV and playing them afterwards. But now I want to save exact BDMV structures and play them like that. I don't want to use anything excepted MPC HC. I know it is possible as I've already managed to do so in the past.

So what can I do now ?

Thank you
did check the box to decrypt the backup?
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
abel413

Post by abel413 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:21 am
abel413 wrote:
Hello,

So what can I do now ?

Thank you
did check the box to decrypt the backup?
Hi, I tried but the problem remains the same.
abel413

Post by abel413 »

Am I doing something wrong ? Actually the result is strictly the same than just trying to open BluRay straight from MPC HC while BluRay is interted into PC. It says "cannot render the file".
abel413

Post by abel413 »

Is there anyone to help me figure this out ? I also tried to instal VLC Player and did some trick to handle BluRay support (adding something on a "Roaming" folder and on VLC instal folder). Then opening main BDMV folder works. Nonetheless, though BluRay is opened, it won't play correctly (lagging...) but it is another story and that is mainly why I don't want to use VLC.

Anyway, this test leads me to think that my BDMV backup is probably okay. I guess there is something that doesn't work well on MPC HC itself (and/or its configuration). What can I do ? I don't understand what could be wrong : MPC HC is configured normally with ffdshow as preference (External Filters) and almost nothing as Internal Filters. See attached pictures. FFDSHOW is more or less the best decoding filter in my situation but I don't know, perhaps I should use something else ? I tried different ways to open BDMV via MPC HC (open full main BDMV folder, open a file, m2ts or mpls but it results in more or less same thing e.g. it won't play).
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

abel413 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:48 pm
, it won't play correctly (lagging...) but it is another story and that is mainly why I don't want to use VLC.
What cpu and gpu you do you have
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
abel413

Post by abel413 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:19 pm
abel413 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:48 pm
, it won't play correctly (lagging...) but it is another story and that is mainly why I don't want to use VLC.
What cpu and gpu you do you have
Hi, how could I figure this out ?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

abel413 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:52 pm

Just go to device manager and look at processor and display adapter
abel413

Post by abel413 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:10 pm
abel413 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:52 pm

Just go to device manager and look at processor and display adapter
Actually I think I understand what occurs : my issue seems to be related to Video renderer used in MPC HC (it doesn't seem to matter if I use ffdshow decoder or LAV or simething else). I have "Enhance Video Renderer (custom presenter)" set. But I decided to change it to "Video Mixing Renderer 9 (windowed)" and now BDMV but also any MKV uncompressed file (obtained with MakeMKV) seems to work perfectly. No lagging, nothing. But..subtitles are not taken in account anymore. It seems due to that "Video Mixing Renderer 9 (windowed)" renderer. Is there a way to activate a subtitle renderer which takes in account pgs subtitle files, .SRT ect ?

I also tried to download MPC BE isntead of MPC HC and a video renderer called "MPC Video Renderer" : it works better than "Enhance Video Renderer (custom presenter)", takes subtitles in account but it still lags sometimes, especially with VC-1 stuff and windows is somehow slow.

What can I do ?
abel413

Post by abel413 »

Hi,

I think I know why I have the issue but I don't know how to solve it : currently my Graphic Card is "basic" Microsoft Graphic Card for Windows 10. Actually, in the past I uninstalled any Graphic card as an update has been made in 2018 (I think) and since then I encountered an awful problem : my computer screen goes to black screen from time to time and randomly. It is very nasty...

I didn't find any solution excepted uninstal everything, block Windows Update and use that "basic" Graphic Card which doesn't cause the issue.

Today, I have decided to update my Graphic Card : I have a DELL Inspiron 3662 and I got latest Intel UHD Graphics Driver from there :

https://www.dell.com/support/home/fr/fr ... op/drivers

After that, videos work nice on MPC HC (even with only Internal Filters set and anything else) but that "black screen" issue is now there...so I uninstalled anything and I'm back to my initial issue regarding videos on MPC HC.

So what can I do ? Should I install BIOS also from previous DELL page ?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

abel413 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:38 pm
Hi,

I think I know why I have the issue but I don't know how to solve it :
You have too many problems of course you need the drivers to decode h.265/h.264 video figure out your black screen issue try new display cable a certified premium one if it is an HDMI one or vesa certified for display port.