Frozen 2 4k UHD Volume Key Unknown

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
BrettE

Frozen 2 4k UHD Volume Key Unknown

Post by BrettE »

Hello,

I'm having some trouble ripping my new copy of Frozen 2 in 4k. I've ripped lots of UHD discs with this drive. It's an LG WH16NS4, and I forget the precise firmware version, but I loaded it with some version in about April of 2019. lshw shows 1.00, but I'm not 100% confident that's the version on there.

I've attached the MKB20_v72_Frozen_II_E424.tgz file and the log file. Since the log is short, I also pasted it below if that's easier for anyone.

I've tried grabbing the latest keys_hashed.txt and the lastest SDF file, but neither of those seemed to help. I restarted MakeMKV after getting each of those files.

Thanks!!
Bret

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.14.7 linux(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as /home/brett/MakeMKV_log.txt
Downloading latest SDF to /home/brett/.MakeMKV ...
Automatic SDF downloading is disabled or failed.
DEBUG: Code 109 at %4eb&faOBy\h%NPd:213143922
Using direct disc access mode
Downloading latest SDF to /home/brett/.MakeMKV ...
DEBUG: Code 109 at %4eb&faOBy\h%NPd:213143922
Using LibreDrive mode (v05 id=4FBA32AEC678)
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Downloading latest HK to /home/brett/.MakeMKV ...
DEBUG: Code 0 at %4eb&faOBy\h%NPd:121267500
Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.
Saved AACS dump file as /home/brett/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v72_Frozen_II_E424.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
DEBUG: Code 0 at Y<;Se1SdA#A1v ue:29396092
DEBUG: Code 0 at Y<;Se1SdA#A1v ue:29395172
Failed to open disc
Attachments
MKB20_v72_Frozen_II_E424.tgz
(3.25 MiB) Downloaded 342 times
MakeMKV_log.txt
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Woodstock

Re: Frozen 2 4k UHD Volume Key Unknown

Post by Woodstock »

Posting the MKB2 file here doesn't do much good; it needs to be emailed to svq@makemkv.com for processing.

According to this topic on Frozen 2, others are ripping the disk; this part of the log probably indicates why you're having issues:

Code: Select all

Have you checked this topic for ways to find out if your system is preventing the download of the latest hash keys? The automatic download is significantly newer than the static download.
Malwarebytes blocks access to hkdata.fairuse.org. I just had to create an exception for that domain to continue getting new keys.
I've been using CloudFlare's 1.1.1.1 DNS service for a few months and it turns out hkdata.fairuse.org just won't resolve with this DNS service. Switched to Google's 8.8.8.8 DNS address and all is working now!
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
BrettE

Post by BrettE »

Admittedly I did not read through all 10 pages of that topic. The second post in the topic said something like:
You can always download SDF.bin manually from https://www.makemkv.com/svq/sdf.bin and put it into MakeMKV data directory. On next launch MakeMKV will consume the file and shut up
Which I assumed meant I could just do that. When that didn't work I thought perhaps something else was wrong.

I'll go back to that topic and dig through it to figure out what's wrong.

Thanks!
Brett
BrettE

Post by BrettE »

Mission success has been achieved. I'm running PiHole, and it's pointed to Quad9 filtered with DNSSEC, which won't resolve hkdata.fairuse.org. I temporarily switched my upstream DNS for PiHole, and it was able to get the latest HK data.

Next I'll figure out how to make PiHole resolved a specific URL with a specific DNS, so I won't have to poke it every time I need to update hash keys.

Thank you for your help.

Brett
drdmal

Post by drdmal »

I'm also unable to rip Frozen II. If it matters, I bought my copy at WalMart. I've sent the MKB2 file on to svq@makemkv.com. Hopefully it'll get fixed with the next SDF download for me.