Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
recordplay

Re: Ripping Dolby Atmos into MKV

Post by recordplay »

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:12 pm
deltop wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:40 am

I've just been reading the CloneBD forum. I saw the post about Maze Runner: Death Cure. As far as I was aware issues like those, were a player problem. Due to high bitrate atmos tracks. You see the same issue in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 for example. I recognize your nick so like me your using a a pc for playback (big madvr fan here too ;) ). And the lavfilter dev solved that problem.

But it still exists if you use say Kodi on Android.

However if the Elby devs can fix it another way, within the container file, then great.
They claim they're working on it. They think it's something about audio packet arrangement according to Fabian. Whatever. As long as they can fix it. LOL
Have they updated the app to where this problem is fixed yet?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

recordplay wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:22 pm
Have they updated the app to where this problem is fixed yet?
I've not seen any updates since October, no. They typically have a several month cycle between releases so I expect we'll see a new beta in the next few weeks that hopefully contains the fix.
omk1980

Post by omk1980 »

Any improvements with 1.14.6's release?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Not sure. Mike didn't put anything in the release notes specifically addressing it but my advice would be to try it on Incredibles 2. That's one of the worst discs for this problem so if it handles that without issue then you should be good.
gmitch64

Post by gmitch64 »

I just upgraded to 1.14.7 today, and I'm still having issues with converting Maze Runner - The Death Cure on 4k. On the plus side with 14.7, I was able to convert the original Charlies Angels on 4k, which I couldn't with previous version.

G
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

What are the issues you're having with Maze Runner? Audio dropouts in ATMOS?
recordplay

Post by recordplay »

gmitch64 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:55 pm
I just upgraded to 1.14.7 today, and I'm still having issues with converting Maze Runner - The Death Cure on 4k. On the plus side with 14.7, I was able to convert the original Charlies Angels on 4k, which I couldn't with previous version.

G
I think he was having the same problem I was which was audio dropouts happening throughout the movie with dolby atmos.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

That was my assumption, too, but I just wanted to clarify. I didn't see anything in the release notes to suggest ATMOS support has changed in the latest version so it didn't seem likely that it was fixed. But always worth checking anyway.
domy94

Post by domy94 »

I've also recently encountered the TrueHD glitch issue, again exclusively with Pixar/Disney Animation titles (MakeMKV version 1.14.7). Wrote it up in this post before I was pointed to this thread.

Ripping it with CloneBD (1.2.8.1) fixed the glitch for me on the Finding Nemo disc.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

Frozen II on UHD has alot of dropouts when ripped with makemkv
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Rip it to folder backup with MakeMKV, then open that with CloneBD and create the MKV. That should fix it.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:06 pm
Rip it to folder backup with MakeMKV, then open that with CloneBD and create the MKV. That should fix it.
it did, but a fix from mike would be awesome
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I understand that. Mike is aware of the issue. I think he's been busy working on other things like UHD firmware support. Just a guess. But he has data that shows the issue so hopefully at some point he'll be able to tackle it.
variant

Post by variant »

Mike responded in the “zootopia” thread, which appears to have the same Atmos issue. He asked for a testdump of that disc there. So not sure if it would be helpful to send him testdumps from other affected titles (frozen, toy story, etc.). Would be awesome if the Atmos issue could be solved so we don’t have to rely on another program, especially since makemkv has a much more intuitive, simple interface.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

variant wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:27 pm
So not sure if it would be helpful to send him testdumps from other affected titles (frozen, toy story, etc.)
Yes, please do - any sample will do. It would be very nice if you can also make an MKV with a "working method" and then cut 5 seconds from a good MKV around the timestamp of failure, and send this small mkv as well....