The Hitman's Bodyguard UHD (Aussie Release)

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Thornback

The Hitman's Bodyguard UHD (Aussie Release)

Post by Thornback »

Anyone else getting 'unknown volume key' errors for this title? Seems odd since the movie came out in 2017.

Dump sent.
Thornback

Re: The Hitman's Bodyguard UHD (Aussie Release)

Post by Thornback »

No go yet.

*waits patiently*
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Did you submit the generated dump file to svq@makemkv.com ?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Thornback

Post by Thornback »

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:10 pm
Did you submit the generated dump file to svq@makemkv.com ?
I did, the file was called MKB20_v61_The_Hitman's_Bodyguard_27BC.tgz

Still nothing :(
Thornback

Post by Thornback »

Could it be that some movies are more problematic than others? I see most of them are added within 24-48 hours of being posted here.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Unfortunately, you just have to be patient and wait it out, posting here won’t really help speed up the process. From personal experience, though, I have noticed that previously decrypted older titles that are discovered with a newer key do tend to take longer than brand new titles. No idea why, but could be a priority thing.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

The last couple of movies I have submitted dumps for have taken a week (checked 3 times a day, every day) for the hashed key to appear.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Thornback

Post by Thornback »

I'm still patient :shock:
Thornback

Post by Thornback »

Not wanting to sound rude but has it ever taken this long for anyone else to get a volume key added? Just under 2 weeks and counting. Others seem to get theirs added within days (based on their own threads). I even re-sent the dump halfway through.

Anything else I can do other than hitting up Pirate Bay? I sold my Oppo player so this is slightly annoying. :)
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Thornback wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:01 am
Not wanting to sound rude but has it ever taken this long for anyone else to get a volume key added? Just under 2 weeks and counting. Others seem to get theirs added within days (based on their own threads). I even re-sent the dump halfway through.

Anything else I can do other than hitting up Pirate Bay? I sold my Oppo player so this is slightly annoying. :)
Are you still getting the "Volume key not found" error? Any other errors? In preferences, do you have "allow MakeMKV to contact web server" checked? When was the last time MakeMKV downloaded the latest hashed keys on your system?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Thornback

Post by Thornback »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:24 am
Thornback wrote:

Are you still getting the "Volume key not found" error? Any other errors? In preferences, do you have "allow MakeMKV to contact web server" checked? When was the last time MakeMKV downloaded the latest hashed keys on your system?
Yep, that's the error:
Using direct disc access mode
Using LibreDrive mode (v05 id=E064BA3E3F81)
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Saved AACS dump file as /Users/.../Library/MakeMKV/MKB20_v61_The_Hitman's_Bodyguard_27BD.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
I do have the box ticked for contacting the web server in MakeMKV settings. That said, it's been ages since I last saw an update come through... Could something be blocking the server for me? Is there a way I can manually download the latest hash key table?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Thornback wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:00 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:24 am
Thornback wrote:

Yep, that's the error:
Using direct disc access mode
Using LibreDrive mode (v05 id=E064BA3E3F81)
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Saved AACS dump file as /Users/.../Library/MakeMKV/MKB20_v61_The_Hitman's_Bodyguard_27BD.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
I do have the box ticked for contacting the web server in MakeMKV settings. That said, it's been ages since I last saw an update come through... Could something be blocking the server for me? Is there a way I can manually download the latest hash key table?
Go to thread

Code: Select all

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634
and at the bottom of the first post under “Useful Links” you can find the links for the manual update.
Thornback

Post by Thornback »

Thanks mate. I found this earlier but the last edit seems to be from Dec 2019?

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=16959

What does the Libredrive .bin file do?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Thornback wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:42 am

The sdf has the hashed keys in it.
Thornback

Post by Thornback »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:34 am
Thornback wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:42 am

The sdf has the hashed keys in it.
My apologies but what do I do with the sdf file? From what I understand the contents are typically stored inside the _private_data.tar file. But I don't want to mess with that.

EDIT: I realised that when you put the sdf file into the data directory and restart MakeMKV it will automatically 'consume' the file and update hashed keys. Unfortunately it still won't decrypt :(