Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
steffenmanden

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by steffenmanden »

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:51 am
Nice. Hopefully that happens soon and then things can continue moving forward. Thanks for the update!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The exoplayer pull is on pause untill the spec is done! it will be a quick fix however, as the proposed method is close to the current. Yusesope did a nice proof of concept where we just need to split it up into cleaner code - no point to do this before the spec is locked!

It will be there before you know it
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

steffenmanden wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:45 pm
The exoplayer pull is on pause untill the spec is done! it will be a quick fix however, as the proposed method is close to the current. Yusesope did a nice proof of concept where we just need to split it up into cleaner code - no point to do this before the spec is locked!

It will be there before you know it
I agree with that. Wait for the final spec to get approved and pull request merged, then it's off to the races. But we still need a MakeMKV update to drive content into the new MKV spec. As well as the player updates. Then it all needs to be tested. I can't wait.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

This development is great news! You surely remember how critical I was with all the workarounds with the MKV format regarding new audio and HDR formats. This is the right way. Make MKV ready for all of that in the MKV specs.
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

Edit #3: Got the .ts file to work with DV on Plex for Shield but it's constantly stuttering. Is this a KP?
Attachments
Annotation 2020-06-04 225541.png
Annotation 2020-06-04 225541.png (33.36 KiB) Viewed 17476 times
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Is it a shield tube or pro?

chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

Shield Pro.
SamuriHL wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:42 am

SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Should be playing back smooth. I know others have had issues previously but I don't remember what the cause was.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

chrisandy wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:09 pm
Shield Pro.
SamuriHL wrote:

https://mega.nz/file/YSxhkSLK#fkfy54tYV ... xIOBZLyGR4

Give that sample a try. If it works with Atmos+DV, then something's wrong with your remux process. If you're still encountering playback issues, then it's something with your setup.
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

shawnc22 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:46 pm
chrisandy wrote:
Shield Pro.
SamuriHL wrote:

Give that sample a try. If it works with Atmos+DV, then something's wrong with your remux process. If you're still encountering playback issues, then it's something with your setup.
Thanks very much. This worked fine.

I used the nightly TSMuxer to demux into the base + extra layer and yuescope's v4 tool to create the single layer, followed by TSMuxer again to create the .ts, however yuescope's v4 was GUI based so I didn't see a way to specify double vs single layer.

Just want to confirm if the issue could be lying with how I originally demuxed or how I created the single .hevc?

P.S. I also created a .m2ts file using the same muxing method and a few minutes in that has not given me any stuttering issues.
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

chrisandy wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:09 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
chrisandy wrote:
Shield Pro.

I used the nightly TSMuxer to demux into the base + extra layer and yuescope's v4 tool to create the single layer, followed by TSMuxer again to create the .ts, however yuescope's v4 was GUI based so I didn't see a way to specify double vs single layer.

Just want to confirm if the issue could be lying with how I originally demuxed or how I created the single .hevc?

P.S. I also created a .m2ts file using the same muxing method and a few minutes in that has not given me any stuttering issues.
Just want to add to this - I created a .ts file for another video using ffmpeg instead of TSmuxer to demux and created the rest of the files the same way. The resulting .ts file stutters, while the .m2ts does not. I tried hard wiring the Shield to rule out a network issue as well.
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

chrisandy wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:
chrisandy wrote:
Shield Pro.

If you're using a Shield and Plex why are you making this so complicated? Makemkv, eac3to, tsmuxer, done.
NiCE77

Post by NiCE77 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:23 pm
olevelo wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:16 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:54 pm
For those that are looking to make this work in the easiest way possible:

1) Rip to MKV with MakeMKV
2) eac3to titlename.mkv 2: titlename.thd+ac3
Note: titlename should be replaced with the actual name of the MKV
3) Add the MKV and the thd+ac3 track to TSMuxer
4) Remux to TS

I've done this to a few of them. Currently watching Ready Player One on my SHIELD Pro 2019 in Plex as we speak. This is fantastic.
Thanks for the command line for eac3to. Saves me the trouble of looking it up? Have you tried playing it in Kodi? I'd rather not have to use Plex as well.
Kodi does not play DV right now, need to use Plex on the shield.
Works with Kodi 19 alpha.
carrpet

Post by carrpet »

olevelo wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:43 am
chrisandy wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:

If you're using a Shield and Plex why are you making this so complicated? Makemkv, eac3to, tsmuxer, done.
Will the Oppo UDP-203 handle DV and Atmos?
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

carrpet wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:07 pm
olevelo wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:43 am
chrisandy wrote:

Will the Oppo UDP-203 handle DV and Atmos?
In MKV? doubtful. as its doutful it will ever get a firmware update.
Epedemic

Post by Epedemic »

NiCE77 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:02 am
Angryunibrow wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:23 pm
olevelo wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:16 pm

Thanks for the command line for eac3to. Saves me the trouble of looking it up? Have you tried playing it in Kodi? I'd rather not have to use Plex as well.
Kodi does not play DV right now, need to use Plex on the shield.
Works with Kodi 19 alpha.
Not here? (0606 kodi 19 alpha, makemkv->tsmuxer files, which work in plex)

Fully expected though, as i don't expect anything new to work until the mkv work is done and standardized