Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by SamuriHL »

olevelo wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:15 pm
floyd12 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:46 am
Hi everyone! I'm new on the forum (I'm french so sorry in advanced for my grammar :? ).

I've spent the last days reading all this topic and some other ones, and finally managed to create a great .ts file of The Last Jedi with Dolby Vision and Atmos, perfectly played on my Shield Pro 2019 with Plex and displaying the beautiful logos of DV and Atmos on my TV :D .

So first, thanks a lot to all of you for having working on it!

I'd now want to play some HDR10+ BD on my Shield, but I found much less informations on it compared to DV.

So what's the state about HDR10+ and Shield? Is there a similar method to the one for DV (MakeMKV1.15.1+eac3To+tsMuxer)?

Or can we simply play it directly with KODI or PLEX (apparently not in MKV, tryied it on both PLEX and KODI, HDR10+ is not recognized by my TV)?

Thanks for your help!
The Shield doesn't support HDR10+. Also there aren't many tv's that support it, but I'm going to assume you have one that does.
More context on this, HDR10+ works fine in MKV just like HDR10. You just need a player and TV that supports it.
ragico

Post by ragico »

floyd12 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:46 am
Hi everyone! I'm new on the forum (I'm french so sorry in advanced for my grammar :? ).

I've spent the last days reading all this topic and some other ones, and finally managed to create a great .ts file of The Last Jedi with Dolby Vision and Atmos, perfectly played on my Shield Pro 2019 with Plex and displaying the beautiful logos of DV and Atmos on my TV :D .

So first, thanks a lot to all of you for having working on it!

I'd now want to play some HDR10+ BD on my Shield, but I found much less informations on it compared to DV.

So what's the state about HDR10+ and Shield? Is there a similar method to the one for DV (MakeMKV1.15.1+eac3To+tsMuxer)?

Or can we simply play it directly with KODI or PLEX (apparently not in MKV, tryied it on both PLEX and KODI, HDR10+ is not recognized by my TV)?

Thanks for your help!
Panasonic, Samsung and other TV manufacturers support HDR10+
And there are studios committed to this format like Universal.
On my Panasonic TV's they look very well almost like a DV.
The recent Amlogic TV boxes that use Coreelec OS, support this format via kodi.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

ragico wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:53 pm
Yea my Vizio TV supports it and it looks amazing. I can either cast kodi with localcast to it, or use the Firestick 4k.
floyd12

Post by floyd12 »

olevelo wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:15 pm
The Shield doesn't support HDR10+. Also there aren't many tv's that support it, but I'm going to assume you have one that does.
Oh OK I missed this important point. Maybe in a future update.
SamuriHL wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:48 pm
More context on this, HDR10+ works fine in MKV just like HDR10. You just need a player and TV that supports it.
ragico wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:53 pm
Yes actually my TV plays fine HDR10+ in MKV (Pana TX-55GZ1000), but I hoped I could do this with my Shield, also I can't read PGS subtitles so I have to remux it with SRT instead.

Thanks all for your help!
Meister_Proper

Post by Meister_Proper »

Seems that all the checks have been passed:

https://github.com/cellar-wg/matroska-s ... n/pull/390
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Excellent. Let the games begin.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

steffenmanden

Post by steffenmanden »

Now we just need it to be merged in and we can start updating yusesopes code to look nice.

Hopefully mike will follow up with an update fast, so we can get some test material
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:10 pm
mulucy wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:21 am
SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:54 pm
For those that are looking to make this work in the easiest way possible:

1) Rip to MKV with MakeMKV
2) eac3to titlename.mkv 2: titlename.thd+ac3
Note: titlename should be replaced with the actual name of the MKV
3) Add the MKV and the thd+ac3 track to TSMuxer
4) Remux to TS

I've done this to a few of them. Currently watching Ready Player One on my SHIELD Pro 2019 in Plex as we speak. This is fantastic.
Thanks for the steps. What DV profile do you get when you did these steps using MKV? Another question, why TSMuxer need MKV step? I thought DV and Atmos was possible without involving MakeMKV
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible

As for why MKV, 2 reasons. First was already explained by someone else that the MKV combines the separate tracks for the Doby Vision metadata into a single track. But the other is, why the hell do I need to rip a whole folder backup just to then have to figure out the proper MPLS to add to TSMuxer? The MKV gives me everything I need to make a playable TS file using the steps I outlined. It's WAY faster to just rip the MKV, create the thd+ac3 track (I wrote a script that takes the mkv as input to do this step), and then drop everything in TSMuxer. Takes about 30-45 minutes per disc to do it this way.
Me again with another dart throw.

I have a .mkv file already - did not create it myself, was already remuxed.

I'm trying to use this cmd:

eac3to titlename.mkv 2: titlename.thd+ac3

But constantly get "This video conversion is not supported"

I tried:

1. Remove base and extended layers with ffmpeg
2. Combine with yuescope's tool
3. Add full.hevc to TSMuxer
4. Add .mkv to TSMuxer (for audio)

However this eventually errors out with "Error 2."

Tried creating a .TS from the .mkv but also got same the error.
Annotation 2020-06-16 145448.png
Annotation 2020-06-16 145448.png (28.53 KiB) Viewed 18402 times
Is there something obvious I'm missing here? The remux .mkv file has two video tracks, so figured DV would be one of those..
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

chrisandy wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:24 pm

I tried:

Is there something obvious I'm missing here? The remux .mkv file has two video tracks, so figured DV would be one of those..
You're not going to find much help here if a scene release is your source material. There are just too many variables on how the mkv was initially created that can cause issues down the line. You have to get a better understanding of what each step in the process is doing if that's going to be your source. For instance, it looks like your title only has DTS audio. There's no reason to go through the eac3to step because TSMuxer can use the audio track as is. The eac3to step is only needed if you have a title with a TrueHD atmos track. Also, you were getting that eac3to error likely because the "2" in the command refers to the second track of the file, which is likely a video track.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I echo all of this ^^^
mathias19

Post by mathias19 »

shawnc22 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:17 pm
mathias19 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:01 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try using the LG internal media player but it doesn't recognise TS files. I'll give the mp4 method a go however I don't understand the bit about the command line from the first post? See below:

"DolbyVision MP4 Muxer only works in Command Prompt so you have to navigate to the corresponding folders where the files are and type"
mp4muxer --dv-profile 7 --input-file (baselayername.hevc1) --input-file (dvlayername.hevc2) --input-file (audio.ac3) --media-lang eng --output-file (nameofmovie).mp4

Thanks!
Download this version of mp4muxer here:

https://mega.nz/file/Jawn3ADa#vN1ai3llv ... ktTQ4uFYkk

Then extract the two HEVC tracks and main audio track (into ac3 format) from the decrypted main playlist file using eac3to. Use the gui version to do this or command line:

eac3to.exe path_to_playlist.mpls 2:BL.HEVC 3:EL.HEVC 4:Audio.ac3

then feed the files you just extracted into the mp4muxer (mp4muxer_64bits.exe) command above
I've done what you suggested and created the MP4 with the base layer, enhanced layer and AC3. However my LG does not play from the attached USB drive. In mediainfo the file shows 2 seperate video streams plus the AC3 audio. One is HDR 10 and the second shows the dolby vision. Is this correct?
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:07 pm
chrisandy wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:24 pm

I tried:

You're not going to find much help here if a scene release is your source material. There are just too many variables on how the mkv was initially created that can cause issues down the line. You have to get a better understanding of what each step in the process is doing if that's going to be your source. For instance, it looks like your title only has DTS audio. There's no reason to go through the eac3to step because TSMuxer can use the audio track as is. The eac3to step is only needed if you have a title with a TrueHD atmos track. Also, you were getting that eac3to error likely because the "2" in the command refers to the second track of the file, which is likely a video track.
As always, appreciate the insight.

In theory, if this MKV was muxed correctly, would the straightest path be to drop it into TSMuxer and create a .TS?
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

mathias19 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:44 am
I've done what you suggested and created the MP4 with the base layer, enhanced layer and AC3. However my LG does not play from the attached USB drive. In mediainfo the file shows 2 seperate video streams plus the AC3 audio. One is HDR 10 and the second shows the dolby vision. Is this correct?
Can you post the mediainfo? And by "does not play", do you mean nothing happens at all when you try playing the file, the file can't be seen at all, or either video/audio not working?
chrisandy wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:00 am
As always, appreciate the insight.

In theory, if this MKV was muxed correctly, would the straightest path be to drop it into TSMuxer and create a .TS?
There's not really such a thing as "muxed correctly". As far as MKVs are concerned, I'm sure they will all play just fine in HDR10, which is their intended purpose. But for what you're trying to do, you need the MKV to be made under a specific condition, which is makemkv 1.15.1. Any other method will either require additional processing (yusecope's tool) or just not work at all.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

As other people have said, are you sure 2 is actually the THD track in this file?
Try DVDfab uhd creator to create a M2TS.
planet_hoarder

Post by planet_hoarder »

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:54 pm
For those that are looking to make this work in the easiest way possible:

1) Rip to MKV with MakeMKV
2) eac3to titlename.mkv 2: titlename.thd+ac3
Note: titlename should be replaced with the actual name of the MKV
3) Add the MKV and the thd+ac3 track to TSMuxer
4) Remux to TS

I've done this to a few of them. Currently watching Ready Player One on my SHIELD Pro 2019 in Plex as we speak. This is fantastic.
have you tried if the same process works for a DV movie with FEL?
here is a list: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=276448