First Man

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
evilmatcher

First Man

Post by evilmatcher »

Hi

Makemkv v. 1.15.2 cannot open First Man.

I have sent the dump file to svq@makemkv.com Saturday. Makemkv still can't open the disc.

How do I found out if I have sent a bad dump file? I "comply" with the below.

To avoid bad dumps, make sure that all of the following are true:
- You are using a version of MakeMKV either 1.14.1 or newer - OK v. 1.15.2
- You are using a LibreDrive-enabled drive (be it "firendly" or "official", but it must be LibreDrive enabled) - I am using BU 40N firmware 1.03 - which works with every other UHD i have
- You have "allow contacting web server for updates" enabled in preferences OK - enabled - also works with the other disc I have
- You are opening the original disc (not a backup, not ISO, etc) - Yes - original disc
- You are opening the disc using real disc drive natively (no elby clonedrive, no vmware, no dvdfab or discsoft virtual, etc) I am using the drive above
jayper

Re: First Man

Post by jayper »

You have to wait some amount of time for support to be added for the disc. This is not automatic.

Generally, it takes about a week. However, that is not a guarantee. You'll know things work when you open MakeMKV and attempt to decrypt the disk and it works.
evilmatcher

Re: First Man

Post by evilmatcher »

jayper wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:26 pm
You have to wait some amount of time for support to be added for the disc. This is not automatic.

Generally, it takes about a week. However, that is not a guarantee. You'll know things work when you open MakeMKV and attempt to decrypt the disk and it works.
It works now