Attachments
MKB20_v68_GANDHI_DISC_2_2CAC.tgz
(3.26 MiB) Downloaded 447 times
MKB20_v68_GANDHI_DISC_1_94F2.tgz
(3.25 MiB) Downloaded 435 times
Woodstock

Re: Gandhi

Post by Woodstock »

Are you also emailing these dump files to svq@makemkv.com, so they'll be processed? Posting them on the forum doesn't get them into the system...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jamisonia

Post by jamisonia »

Are these Columbia Classics BDs AACS 2.1?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

No. I've seen then reported elsewhere and they are aacs 2.0.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

It's interesting that some of these titles now have to be split onto multiple UHD discs. Do you guys plan on ultimately merging the containers into one?
madfloyd

Post by madfloyd »

I do!
a_player_so_much_pun

Post by a_player_so_much_pun »

this one works now! i tried only 'A League...' and 'Ghandi' disv 1 from the Columbia collection and we're in!!
thanks Mike!!!
cipher

Post by cipher »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:05 pm
It's interesting that some of these titles now have to be split onto multiple UHD discs. Do you guys plan on ultimately merging the containers into one?
Definitely. Just waiting for MKVTOOLNIX to add support for DV so I can merge the two MKV's.
monkeymindboy

Post by monkeymindboy »

cipher wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:59 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Definitely. Just waiting for MKVTOOLNIX to add support for DV so I can merge the two MKV's.
Hello, have you successfully merged Gandhi together into one MKV file? I’ll receive my 4K disc next week and would like to know if there were any issues.
Windows 10 Pro
LG WH16NS40 - UHD Friendly
Asus BW-16D1HT - UHD Friendly
LG WH16NS40 - External Drive - Blu-Ray
HD/DVD - XBOX360 - External Drive
cipher

Post by cipher »

monkeymindboy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:02 pm
cipher wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:
Hello, have you successfully merged Gandhi together into one MKV file? I’ll receive my 4K disc next week and would like to know if there were any issues.
MakeMKV cannot be used to merge MKV files. You would use MakemKV to create two separate MKV files and then use another tool like MKVTOOLNIX to merge them into a single file. I originally created a merged copy with HDR10+ and have a backup of my original ripped UHD discs for when I'm ready to create a newer merged version with DV.

I heard MKVTOOLNIX recently added support for the newer DV support, but I haven't had a chance to test this out yet.
monkeymindboy

Post by monkeymindboy »

cipher wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:10 pm
monkeymindboy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:02 pm
cipher wrote:

MakeMKV cannot be used to merge MKV files. You would use MakemKV to create two separate MKV files and then use another tool like MKVTOOLNIX to merge them into a single file. I originally created a merged copy with HDR10+ and have a backup of my original ripped UHD discs for when I'm ready to create a newer merged version with DV.

I heard MKVTOOLNIX recently added support for the newer DV support, but I haven't had a chance to test this out yet.
Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, I have used MKVTOOLNIX before MakeMKV 1.15.2 came out, so I’m familiar with the program. I’m just not sure when you combine all the files, i.e. both video files and both Dolby Atmos tracks how they all flow together. I’ll play around with it next week.
cipher

Post by cipher »

monkeymindboy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:48 pm
Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, I have used MKVTOOLNIX before MakeMKV 1.15.2 came out, so I’m familiar with the program. I’m just not sure when you combine all the files, i.e. both video files and both Dolby Atmos tracks how they all flow together. I’ll play around with it next week.
This post should help you when you are ready to do it - https://forums.plex.tv/t/howto-joining- ... gui/113211
monkeymindboy

Post by monkeymindboy »

cipher wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:45 am
monkeymindboy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:48 pm
This post should help you when you are ready to do it - https://forums.plex.tv/t/howto-joining- ... gui/113211
Awesome! Thank you.