2001 A Space Odyssey

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
aggie113
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:13 pm

2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by aggie113 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Can't rip this new UHD. Sent dump for my disc. Error was "volume key is unknown for this disc".

snafu_
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:20 pm

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by snafu_ » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Yup, I'm waiting for this one also to be available.

logic
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by logic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:22 pm

Ah, I sent a dump before I saw this thread; I just got my preorder, and had the same problem.

logic
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by logic » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:10 pm

FWIW, this is working as of today. :)

snafu_
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:20 pm

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by snafu_ » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:03 pm

Yup, you're right - it's working!
This was my first confirmation of the keys being accessed remotely as my local file is still from Oct 23.

keithl
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by keithl » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:49 pm

Just got mine today and not working, sent keys to them. Seems the earlier released disc have different keys.

handcraftedbits
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by handcraftedbits » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:41 am

The earlier release, at least in the US, is very different from the one released today -- they went back and fixed a spot in the film that was supposed to be a fade rather than a cut. So there's definitely different keys.

Sevenfeet
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by Sevenfeet » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:08 pm

handcraftedbits wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:41 am
The earlier release, at least in the US, is very different from the one released today -- they went back and fixed a spot in the film that was supposed to be a fade rather than a cut. So there's definitely different keys.
No wonder about the delay. They knew the collector crowd would have discovered it and raised holy heck over it.

handcraftedbits
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by handcraftedbits » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:47 am

They did actually discover it because some people got their discs early (waaay back when it was supposed to come out in October). There's an epic thread on a Blu-ray site about it.

Also, it looks like the keys have been updated because I was able to decrypt my disc just now. :D

keithl
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by keithl » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:28 pm

Well the I can now rip my 2001, a great thanks to the team at MakeMKV. I encourage all that use it to pay for it. IT is the best ripper out there!

tsartin
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by tsartin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:55 pm

Hey everybody, I'm pretty new to UHDs but I've got the relevant hashed keys file (in the correct place) and I'm still getting a "The volume key is unknown for this disc" error for 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I sent the dump to Mike, but is there anything else I could be missing?

Setzer
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:45 am

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by Setzer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:47 am

tsartin wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:55 pm
Hey everybody, I'm pretty new to UHDs but I've got the relevant hashed keys file (in the correct place) and I'm still getting a "The volume key is unknown for this disc" error for 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I sent the dump to Mike, but is there anything else I could be missing?
Hi, it could be because you have bought the re-issued version, and not the original.
There was a shot was was supposed to end with a fade-to-black, but on the original release it was a simple cut. This was reported by many fans to the studio, and they did a withdrawal, fixed it, and released it anew :)

tsartin
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by tsartin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:25 am

Setzer wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:47 am
tsartin wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:55 pm
Hey everybody, I'm pretty new to UHDs but I've got the relevant hashed keys file (in the correct place) and I'm still getting a "The volume key is unknown for this disc" error for 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I sent the dump to Mike, but is there anything else I could be missing?
Hi, it could be because you have bought the re-issued version, and not the original.
There was a shot was was supposed to end with a fade-to-black, but on the original release it was a simple cut. This was reported by many fans to the studio, and they did a withdrawal, fixed it, and released it anew :)
Oh ok, thanks for the reply. So I guess all I can do is submit my dumps and wait for this newer version to be added to keys_hashed, right?

I'm bummed out I can't back it up but kind of glad I unknowingly bought the corrected version! :D

SamuriHL
Posts: 706
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by SamuriHL » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:19 am

If you're using a newer version of MakeMKV it'll download the key for you once it's available. You don't have to keep updating the hash file manually.

tsartin
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey

Post by tsartin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:49 pm

SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:19 am
If you're using a newer version of MakeMKV it'll download the key for you once it's available. You don't have to keep updating the hash file manually.
Cool, thanks for the help and thanks to the devs!

Post Reply