Backup not saving menus

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
watisthis

Backup not saving menus

Post by watisthis »

Hello, I've recently tried ripping some of my Blu-Rays. None of my Blu-Rays are coming with their menu, though. I've ripped a DVD and had working menus in the past, but not with MakeMKV. Is this just not possible with Blu-Rays? I've been using the backup option and decrypting it.

Edit: Oh I should also mention that it's saving all the files as just a bunch of m2ts files instead of mkv?
Woodstock

Re: Backup not saving menus

Post by Woodstock »

Backup does not generate MKV files. You have to use the Open button (big thing - looks like a disk), then save your selections with the button to save the MKV files. This works the same as with DVDs.

Backup copies the BD structure, including all files, and you have to select the right place to open it for menus, assuming your player supports them. This is a special BD-only function, separate from making MKV files, wastes a lot of space, but it is the only way to have menus available, since MKV files do not support menus.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Crash

Re: Backup not saving menus

Post by Crash »

Hello,
is there any known player which supports BD-menus? I tried VLC and Leawo to open the backup-folder but both only played the main movie and none of them showed menus or anything else.

Thanks for help,
Crash