Star Trek TNG errors?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
RyanTaylor

Star Trek TNG errors?

Post by RyanTaylor »

I'm trying to rip my new "Star Trek: The Next Generation" Season 5 Blu-rays, and everything was going fine -- I could rip the episodes, the documentaries, the non-HD content, etc. -- until I tried pulling the new Deleted Scenes from the discs.

When I try to rip those specific files (and ONLY those files), MakeMKV hangs at "analyzing seamless segments", then just fails, with no explanation. The deleted scenes can be viewed just fine on both my standalone Blu-ray player and my PC's BR software, but MakeMKV won't copy it no matter what I try. Any ideas? This error occurs across multiple discs in the set -- everything rips fine except for the delete scene content.

g0del

Re: Star Trek TNG errors?

Post by g0del »

I'm seeing the same problem with the deleted scene on disc 2. On disc 4, two of the deleted scenes failed, while two others ripped (but one threw and AV sync error at the chapter boundary). I haven't gotten to the later discs yet, but so far something about the deleted scenes really seems to be causing issues for makemkv.
RyanTaylor

Post by RyanTaylor »

Okay, glad it's not just me then! I emailed the full processing log to support@makemkv.com, so hopefully we'll have an update soon.
pittrek

Post by pittrek »

Guys, you're great, I've just been ripping the discs and found the same problem :-)

Also I found one interesting thing - if you rip the whole disc in "backup mode", the ripped m2ts files containing the deleted scenes can be played without any problem! There was a similar problem on the season 1 documentary btw.
RyanTaylor

Post by RyanTaylor »

pittrek wrote:Also I found one interesting thing - if you rip the whole disc in "backup mode", the ripped m2ts files containing the deleted scenes can be played without any problem! There was a similar problem on the season 1 documentary btw.
Okay, that's a genius workaround - thanks for the tip, it worked out perfectly across all the discs with deleted scenes!
lloydsmart

Post by lloydsmart »

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've just had this exact same problem with the same disc, using MakeMKV 1.8.10.

Any sign of a fix?

For now, I'll just rip in backup mode. Thanks for posting this!
Doubleslash

Post by Doubleslash »

Same here, also waiting for a fix....