Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl Blu-Ray errors

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
seahawxx

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl Blu-Ray errors

Post by seahawxx »

I cannot get my Seahawks Super Bowl Blu-Ray to backup so I can put on my AppleTV. Am getting the errors below. Any suggestions?

Using direct disc access mode

This disc uses newer version of AACS protection. Please let us know about it by visiting /a/?TEdcV1KidhXAfF...

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - AUTHENTICATION FAILURE' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020074C100720..065A6FDFB85C50B3B87BD7EEFB2E3E204CA to device 'DASPI:IODASPIService:fe29e78c5821ac78:'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Highest AACS version is v46 , MKB saved as /Users/osubuxx/.MakeMKV/MKB_v46_NFL_SEAHAWKS_SUPER_BOWL_XLVIII.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
ndjamena

Re: Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl Blu-Ray errors

Post by ndjamena »

According to blu-ray.com it was released in March, so it's copy protection is newer than MakeMKV's ability to deal with, therefore MakeMKV cannot decode it at all.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

And yet, this is on the download page:
MakeMKV v1.8.7 ( 11.12.2013 )
Updated support for AACS v46
So version 46 AACS is supported, and has been for 6 months.

Given that, what version of MakeMKV is involved here? The log has that edited out.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

OK then, a user with his own key, who doesn't update the program and doesn't think that's relevant when asking questions on a forum.