MakeMKV Crashing processing remuxed bluray on desktop

Everything related to MakeMKV
paulhenry26

MakeMKV Crashing processing remuxed bluray on desktop

Post by paulhenry26 »

Hi there,

I have been attempting to convert some HDDVD to mkv, i know there is currently an issue with this function which might get fixed so i have been remuxing then using anydvdHD and TSmuxer.
I have been ripping the disk to my desktop and then converting the .EVO file to a blu-ray disk, i have then been selecting the resulting blu-ray disk files on my computer in makeMKV but it then crashes once it has picked up and added the playlist file.

am i doing something wrong or it there a problem?

Regards
setarip_old

Re: MakeMKV Crashing processing remuxed bluray on desktop

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Before converting your homebrewn BluRay to an .MKV file, have you successfully PLAYED the BluRay on your PC, using a software BluRay player such as PowerDVD?
paulhenry26

Post by paulhenry26 »

Hi there,
Sorry about the long wait for a reply, been busy and aint spent much time going into this, Yes the homebrew blu-ray does play with a commercial player, i have windvd9+BD and it plays fine, just like an original.

The file im trying to convert only contains the Film & english Soundtrack (DD+), could this be the reason? is it looking for other files that are not there? MakeMKV no longer crashes but instead all i get is a message saying that makeMKV failed to write the mkv file to the destination drive.

Any Ideas?
regards
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

is it looking for other files that are not there?
Yes - at the very least, in addition to the files you mention, your BluRay "package" has to have the two .BDMV files you'll find on all BluRay discs...
paulhenry26

Post by paulhenry26 »

i have looked at the blu-ray folders and it does contain the two .bdmv files, it also contains a playlist (which only contains one file because the film is now in one file).

What would cause makemkv to fail to write the mkv file to the destination Drive?

Also forgot to mention, the Blu-ray is now an .iso file mounted on a virtual drive, which again play's with no problem's on commercial player software
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

What would cause makemkv to fail to write the mkv file to the destination Drive?

1) Insufficient space on the drive

2) Selecting a drive that cannot be written to (in other words, not a hard drive)
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please submit debug information per http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8