Eye In the Sky error.

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
zerothaught

Eye In the Sky error.

Post by zerothaught »

I am trying to rip a copy of Eye in the Sky, but when I insert the bluray MakeMKV does not list the name for the movie; it just says Title -20 chapter(s), 27.7 GB. When I create the name for the directory and start the ripping process I get the following errors:

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00800.m2ts' at offset '16663314432'
Error 'OS error - {Unknown Disk Format} The disk in drive hs is not formatted properly. Please check the disk, and reformat if necessary' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '16663314432'
Error 'OS error - The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '16663314432'
Error 'OS error - The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '16663314432'
Error 'OS error - {Unknown Disk Format} The disk in drive hs is not formatted properly. Please check the disk, and reformat if necessary' occurred while reading '\Device\CdRom0' at offset '16663314432'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00800.m2ts' at offset '16663314432'
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:CANNOT READ MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00800.m2ts' at offset '16663314432'
Failed to save title 0 to file D:/Video/EyeinTheSky/ _t00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed

Is there anyway to solve this, or do I need to wait for an update?

Thanks
Woodstock

Re: Eye In the Sky error.

Post by Woodstock »

What type drive is this? Internal or external?

The error sequence is similar to what is seen with power supply issues on external, USB-powered drives. It could also happen with a dirty/damaged disk, but that normally puts out different errors.

It also appears that your system somehow decided the file name should be a space character, with "_t00" added on.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
zerothaught

Post by zerothaught »

It is an internal drive. I have copied the file successfully by using the backup option, but now I am needing to convert it to mkv.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

zerothaught wrote:It is an internal drive. I have copied the file successfully by using the backup option, but now I am needing to convert it to mkv.
Simple!

Just open the back up you just saved and process the title(s) with MakeMKV.
The name of the movie is rarely listed in the file name. It's usually title00, title01, title02, etc.
At least in my experience. :)
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
jmonier

Post by jmonier »

Lovely Rita wrote:
zerothaught wrote:It is an internal drive. I have copied the file successfully by using the backup option, but now I am needing to convert it to mkv.
Simple!

Just open the back up you just saved and process the title(s) with MakeMKV.
The name of the movie is rarely listed in the file name. It's usually title00, title01, title02, etc.
At least in my experience. :)
I think you're referring to DVD's. For BluRay's (which is what this section is about) the movie name is almost always in the title. For this particular disk, however, the title IS missing (which I believe results from it being left out in the mastering).

However, I had no trouble creating mkv's from the disc so I think that the OP's problem lie's in either a bad disc or his drive.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

jmonier wrote: I think you're referring to DVD's. For BluRay's (which is what this section is about) the movie name is almost always in the title. For this particular disk, however, the title IS missing (which I believe results from it being left out in the mastering).
No, I wasn't referring to DVD's. I only use MakeMkv for BluRay's. Haven't ripped a DVD in many years.
And the backup feature I pointed out does not work with DVD's

But I believe I may have been referring to a different area in the app than you and the OP.
I was referring to the Properties drop down (Name / File Name / Metadata Language).
Again, in my experience, in more cases than not, even though the name of the movie is listed in the Description (top left of the GUI) I see more file names like title00.mkv, title01.mkv, etc. Before saving the file I'm normally typing the movie name.
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Some of the drop downs are not available if you have not enabled "Expert mode" in Preferences->General.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging