"Fake playlist" protection - help needed

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
iMactouch

Re: "Fake playlist" protection - help needed

Post by iMactouch »

I send the information of "Die kleine Hexe" Bluray (German) also to the address, but nothing happened afterwards.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Updates that would affect the fake playlist would require a version change, and we're still waiting for that to happen.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
EmKayVe

Post by EmKayVe »

mike admin wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:50 pm
- Delete (or move to some other location) two folders from the backup - STREAM and BDSVM. Alternatively delete all M2TS, SSIF and SVM files.
Attempted this but was unable to locate the M2TS, SSIF and SVM files. Where are they located in a BDMV of a BD?
iMactouch

Post by iMactouch »

I looked at the "Die kleine Hexe" bluray with the new 1.14.0, but it is still not working. No main title is shown. :-(
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

Agree, "Kleine Hexe" is still not working.

I informed Mike in Sep about this and he sayed "This is a new generation of fakepls protection, MakeMKV cannot handle it yet". Passed the requested files to him, but it looks like that this is still an open point.
Good Luck :)

Post by fccn75 »

I have "The Spy Who Dumped Me" that have fake playlists and also posted in that thread as well. So whatever reported in that particular thread does not apply on this disc where the closest segments is either above or below the reported.

I thought I take a chance here as well. Btw, I'm on 1.14.0
Steveredrum

Post by Steveredrum »

Code: Select all

https://onkyo4k.com/threads/untouched-blu-ray-films-that-require-fixes.73224/
Last edited by Steveredrum on Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
oogleberry

Post by oogleberry »

I don't have a standalone blu ray player at the moment- but my solution for this with DVDs has been to put the movie into my xbox 360 and tell it to play like normal. Then I go to the option to show more information / details (don't remember the exact wording) from the playback menu and it tells me the track number that is playing. That's the one I rip and the approach has worked so far with DVDs
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

Protected playlist that the new logic is not working against.

Man in an Orange Short.

There are approximately 700 or so options listed with the smaller stuff filtered out, and no dump files that I saw.

Any suggestions?
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

DJRumpy wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:03 am
Protected playlist that the new logic is not working against.

Man in an Orange Short.

There are approximately 700 or so options listed with the smaller stuff filtered out, and no dump files that I saw.

Any suggestions?
You've asked this in another topic, perhaps it's a movie that may not as wide of an interest as others?

If you're asking how to create the files to send to Mike so he can further tweak the Java playlist aspect of the app then:

- Make a full disc backup with MakeMKV, encrypted or decrypted, doesn't matter. This step might be skipped, but please note that as part of protection these discs usually contain a large number of fake files. Using MakeMKV for backup will remove these.
- Delete (or move to some other location) two folders from the backup - STREAM and BDSVM. Alternatively delete all M2TS, SSIF and SVM files.
- Compress the folder with the backup with any archiver of your choice and share the produced file on the dropbox.com or any other file sharing service of your choice.
- Send a link to support@makemkv.com . If you know the correct playlist number, please note it as well, but this is not really important.

YMMV but I sent files earlier this year for Patriot's Day and Deepwater Horizon and the latest MakeMKV still does not suggest a playlist. Maybe it's just Walhberg movies. :wink:

Fellow Macuser....
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
uniontomahawk

Post by uniontomahawk »

You can improve isolation by increasing the Minimum title length (seconds) to something high. I use 1800.
T'hain Esh Kelch

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch »

uniontomahawk wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:31 am
You can improve isolation by increasing the Minimum title length (seconds) to something high. I use 1800.
Not really, since all playlist obfuscations are usually in the same order timewise.
Lovely Rita wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:55 pm
YMMV but I sent files earlier this year for Patriot's Day and Deepwater Horizon and the latest MakeMKV still does not suggest a playlist. Maybe it's just Walhberg movies. :wink:
I've send in 5, and the problem with none of the discs have improved.
jeep_dawg

Post by jeep_dawg »

Still seeing issues with fake play lists so I'm guessing this has never been resolved.
avenger09123

Post by avenger09123 »

Replicas has about 45 separate 30 GB files, and John Wick 2 has 5 separate 6GB files all rating at about 2hrs long. Data will be headed your way soon.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The BD for John Wick 2 had the correct list detected for me. Are you referring to the DVD version, with 6GB files?

The mechanisms for detecting the correct title are different between DVD and BD.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging